Thread: USED MOTO PRICES

USED MOTO PRICES

I am trying to get my oldest son (13 and 150#) a new bike as he has way outgrown his XR80!!!!

I am thinking a 150 CRF would be perfect and it seems there are a ton of used ones on KSL, but none of them seem to sell and no one wants to even take offers. If the bikes are not selling I would imagine its because its winter, and maybe they are just asking too much. At least it seems so. 70% of the new value on a machine that 5-10 years old?????

Any idea where to get more value data than KSL???? Or is it just gonna cost 2k for a stupid little dirt bike for the kid?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

125 will carry more wt' with pops than a small wheel. BUT? I know this gal that has a 150 and I think she is looking to sale.
    She just got her daughter a tt125 and she at 5ft. two went to a KTM 250 f. I'll look into this if this is the direction you what to go and tell you what year and all???
    Last time I picked her up for a ride (mom) she mentioned she was ready to sale.
    I think this is the one with a 17 rear.CRF 150.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

Yes, lemme know.

Also, I am looking to get rid of my DRZ400. Its just soo heavy, and I have riden some more bikes now and love the feel of the lighter bikes.

I am looking at a 2004 yz450 f and from the reports its a bulletproof bike and would handle my 6'3" 210 frame alot better than a 250. Any comments on the yz???? I want it for mainly single track fun typical to the easier stuff in AF canyon. Not the most gnarly sections which I just avoid as I find no fun in them.

I test rode an used 250 kx yesterday and it was FAST, and LIGHT, but my friend who works at a moto shop said its not built for trails and single track unless you want to ride them like a race course, which I dont.

I have a yamaha YZ250. It's a 2000 that I've had since 2002. BOMBER. Light, fast, and reliable. Super easy to work on, parts are cheap, and it rarely needs anything done to it. Love it. I can't recommend the YZ's enough. I also have a DR650 which I use for the easier stuff and the areas where I need to be plated. I also commute with it 2-3 times a week. Especially when it's 70 degrees here in Vegas like it was yesterday. Anyways, you may find that you want to keep the DRZ.

I too have been looking at used bikes. Looking to replace the DR650 with a more street oriented touring machine. The used prices are very surprising, people just aren't realistic. But there are a couple of bikes I've been watching and they keep dropping in price, the longer they sit.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I just got bake from down by Green River at White Sand Wash and the DRZ did much better this time Its still a heavy pig!!!!!! But she had grunt to just climb even when I didnt pick the best line or best throttle and clutch work.

I tried spending as much time as possible standing at it really made a huge difference. I still SUCK at riding off road, but I was alot better this time than last outing!

Way fun trails down there.

I have a friend that picked herself up a 250f KTm that might be ready to sell her 150 Honda. Smaller wheel but I think they call them the big wheel. If you want me to check it out I can?
    16 rear and 19 inch front. It's a 2007 and I think she is asking $2700. She is great with doing her own maint, and this bike will come with some smart extras. Not just bling.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.