Thread: my 145+ cycling videos: paved climbs (2000m +) Alps, Pyrenees, Andalucia,Canary isl

my 145+ cycling videos: paved climbs (2000m +) Alps, Pyrenees, Andalucia,Canary isl

Hello !

In my collection there are several dozens of my cycling videos about well-known or hardly known asphalted climbs ending above 2000 m in th Alps, Pyrenees, Andalucia and Canary islands (after I cycled all of the asphalted climbs above 2000 m of the Alps, Pyrenees and Canara isl.)

2 days ago I added a video of a climb about there was no info on internet: this is in the French Alps: La Bergerie du Bois Noir (2010 m)

The ascent's light section started at Guillestre. I started to cycle the same road that goes to Col d'Izoard, but after the canyon I had to turn right to Ceillac and the ascent's last section was a very calm valley with a stream and with a strange part when ca 30 m long the water came out of the ground and fell down to the stream ....
    The paved road finished at 2010 m. I loved this climb ! It's worth visiting !

Have pleasure with it !
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Arial]Best regards, G

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    That was great! I love anything about the Alps or Pyrenees.

Very, very beautiful. I bet that was a memorable trip. I'm surprised there were not more people out and about.

In the video at 13:20 - that's quite the impressive seep! It's very similar to something you would see in Zion National Park.

Anyways, thanks for sharing that long, but gorgeous vid! :)
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Hello !
    Here is the last video I missed to have all videos about the asphalted climbs going above 2000 m in the French Alps. (In the following post I will show that list / collection with photos and videos )
    Col du Granon is a steep (9,2% for 1053 m heightdiff. --> so it's harder than the ascent of Alpe d'Huez) and wonderful climb; one of my favourite ascents. 80% of the ascent is a panoramic road and there is almost no traffic: I met ca. 2-3 vehicles during the climb.
    Up to now I visited twice and both occasions I rode it in sunny weather.
    Have pleasure with the - I think : great - video :)

My site with experiences, photos, videos, compilations in the mountains by bike (40.000 kms abroad & 271 times cycled above 2000 m) :
    www.facebook.com/cycling.high

The video shows this ascent:
    Name:  20140627_Granon3_kisszov.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  65.4 KB

6. Likes jman liked this post
    Not only "cycling in the Alps" :)
    This happened in Andalucia, Spain.
    I edited a compilation video about my bicycle tour In Andalucia (year 2012).

This is the 1st part with english subtitles
    During the tour: ...
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]cycling up to Pico Veleta (3396 m), Tetica da Bacares (2080 m), Puerto Ragua (2000 m), Puerto Esc

8. Likes jman liked this post
    Now I'm pleased to present the 2nd part of the best of video about our bicycle tour in Andalusia (2012). The video shows this route:
    [B]Granada - Pico Veleta (3394 m) - Granada - Guadix - Qu

Bogley BigShot
    Very nice.

Thanks :) I'm happy that you liked it and hope the same with the following :) By this vid the last section was grat with the panorama, under it the steepness was the ony interesting !

So... I'm happy to present my detailed, 32 minutes long, Full HD cycling video of Ausserfragant (712 m) - Grosser Oscheniksee (2394 m) climb. It shows how challenging it is !

Based on the data, values of the two most famous, serious climb-database (salite.ch and climbbybike-.com ) it is the hardest or 2nd hardest paved climbs of the Alps, harder than Angliru or Monte Zoncolan.
    Data: 17 km & 9,8%, but the last 10 kms = 13% steepness, but often 14-15% and max. 18-20% (you can see it in my video )
    That's an epic, a monster, a killer But I loved it. That was a real challenge !

That's the video:

Best regards, Gabor

Quote Originally Posted by tanya View Post
    Very nice.

Hello !

Thanks for your opinion and I'm happy if You like it and the videos can cause nice minutes or give ideas to visit the region, climb, mountain(s).

I share another nice, friendly climb's video: Sölden - Hochsölden (2089 m).
    It can be found in Tirol, Austria, just next to the famous ascent of Ötztaler gletscherstrasse (2829 m). At the end of the climb, Hochsölden there is great, panoramic meadow with a restaurant and a playground for the children. It is an ideal place for the family too.
    Thanks for watching the video :)

Best regards,
    Gabor

13. Likes jman liked this post
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    So, I've lived in this part of the world, hiked the Tirol area (never biked). It's a fantastic part of the world that doesn't get the recognition it deserves. I have to ask, what language are you speaking? Not German, not French, not Russian, not Austrian... Almost sounds Italian or Albanian..

Thank you for the great video of the Tirol region!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Tirol + my language :)

Yes, it is also a great part of the Alps and in summer Tirol is not so busy than few other parts of the Alps (like Dolomites for example).
    I'm hungarian (next to Austria), so I speak hungarian in my videos that's why I take english subtitles into the video :)

Thanks for watching the video :)

If you like Tirol, I show the video of the other part of that day : when we cycled the highest finishing paved road of the Alps (2829 m): Ötztaler gletscherstrasse:

Best regards, Gabor

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    So, I've lived in this part of the world, hiked the Tirol area (never biked). It's a fantastic part of the world that doesn't get the recognition it deserves. I have to ask, what language are you speaking? Not German, not French, not Russian, not Austrian... Almost sounds Italian or Albanian..

Thank you for the great video of the Tirol region!

Hello !
    This is a video compilation with music, so this video can be used for a spinning training. A lot of wonderful ascents, landscapes can be watched in the video where I cycled in the last 5 years. It was recorded in the Alps, Pyrénées, Andalucia (Costa del Sol + Sierra Nevada). Few climbs that appear in the video: Mont Ventoux, Passo di Gavia, Bonette, Galibier, there are ascents that hadn't been filmed was rarely filmed ( Dürrboden), Col de la Core, Peyresourde, Ordesa National park in the Pyrénées, Pico Veleta (3394 m) in Andalucia. Few minutes about famous cycling challenges can be seen too: Monte Grappa challenge (261 km + 7241 m), Ötztaler radmarathon (228 km + 5500 m), Valtellina Extreme brevet (345 km + 8998 m). Have pleasure with the video & thanks for watching !

The video :

Best regards,
    Gabor

Bicycle tour in the French Alps (best of / compilation video ) - wonderful ascents...

Hello !
    I'm happy to present another compilation / best of video about another great bicycletour in the French Alps with several legendary climbs, ascents. It happaned in 2011.
    After the first 2 days I cycled in France and visited famous, Tour de France cols, climbs, like Bonette (2802 m), Col d'Izoard (2360 m), Alpe d'Huez, Col du Galibier (2645 m), Col de l'Iseran (2770 m), but few hardly known ones, like Parking du Laus, Le Saut, Plan de Lac (2360 m) - one of my favourite. I saw chamois, unfortunately only for few seconds, but in the year 2014 on a hardly known italian ascent (will be presented in few weeks time smile hangulatjel ) offered me the opportunity to record 2 chamoises for video for ca. 1 min long. At La Bonette (2802 m) I got the best amazing weather that I could: sunshine with very small clouds, cumuluses.

Have pleasure with the video and thanks for watching :)

Gabor

Hello,
    I'm happy to share my following video about a memorable day, when I cycled in a valley (Valle di Lanza in Piemont, Italy) and then upwards on a private road towards Alpe Bessanetto (2022 m) where I felt almost like at the end of the World. Above the clouds it was wonderful, breathtaking.... Waterfalls everywhere: only the nature and me + few clouds, but at the end of the road: chamoises

It was unforgettable !

I hope You like it and thanks for watching !

Gábor
    http://www.facebook.com/cycling.high

19. Likes devo_stevo, jman liked this post
    Like it? I LOVED it.

I'm totally jealous of those mountains you've got there. The rocky mountains are nice and all, but that was pretty amazing.

Impressive stuff!