Thread: OLd School

OLd School

Never rode a pair of pair a bolic in my life.
    Started at the ripe age of 5.
    Did WAFA for 5 years. (Western Am. Freestyle Ass.)
    Have not skied in over 20.years.
    Looking for advise on how to rent Qaulity gear. Mind you I have never rode anything shorter tha 205 cm in over 35 years.
    So I wNT TO TRY AGAIN BUT I am all about powder.
    How do I rent what I am after and just what do we call go stuff for powder these days?

Simple is good but pre release is not and my knees aint what the used to be.

Just want to carve the powder and will be with them skaters I guess.( snow boarder what to bes).
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Gotta level with you, I've got no idea what you're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    Never rode a pair of pair a bolic in my life.
    Started at the ripe age of 5.
    Did WAFA for 5 years. (Western Am. Freestyle Ass.)
    Have not skied in over 20.years.
    Looking for advise on how to rent Qaulity gear. Mind you I have never rode anything shorter tha 205 cm in over 35 years.
    So I wNT TO TRY AGAIN BUT I am all about powder.
    How do I rent what I am after and just what do we call go stuff for powder these days?

Simple is good but pre release is not and my knees aint what the used to be.

Just want to carve the powder and will be with them skaters I guess.( snow boarder what to bes).
    I think parabolic ski shapes are yesterday's news. No biggie that you didn't get in on that, especially if you already know how to ski.

Kids these days are diggin' the skis that have a tip and tail rocker built into them.

How do you rent quality gear? Go somewhere that rents skis and give them your credit card. Easy. Height, weight, skiing ability and they'll adjust the boots and skis to match.

A friend rented these a couple of weekends ago:

https://www.wildsnow.com/12803/black...onvert-review/

Nice ride.

Mountain Man
    Funny in the review how the guy says white skis don't collect snow on top like dark colored skis. Plus how he can't tolerate the extra weight of that snow when it does.

Has to be parody. But it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by dougr View Post
    Funny in the review how the guy says white skis don't collect snow on top like dark colored skis. Plus how he can't tolerate the extra weight of that snow when it does.

Has to be parody. But it's not.
    Yeah, kinda funny but it does make a difference. I have dark colored Dynafit Manslus and the tops melt and freeze loose snow and gain weight as the day goes on. If you're touring, it might make a diff on a long day.

The ski guys listen to him. See how many models are white now (G3, BD, etc).

Doesn't matter skiing down hill. But, if you backcountry tour, most of the day is spent going uphill. Any extra weight can be...well...demoralizing...ha ha.