Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Hmmm.... what if a team was waiting until after their bowl game to announce Witt as their new head coach.... that would make sense.... think Florida Gators. That's a job that would be difficult to turn down. It also makes everything stated in today's press release true, at least as of today.
    Florida already hired Jim McElwain.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I don't think this is about how much Witt makes. 6th in the PAC 12 is very respectable for a new P5 team. Witt has also turned down more money (Tennessee) to stay at Utah. This is something else, I just can't put my finger on it because nothing makes sense, which I think is what really bugs the news guys.
    I agree, I think Whitt is compensated well. That's not to say that he shouldn't get a little bump and extension due to exceeding expectations this past year.

When Chris Hill issued his recent Witt is our coach press release this "unofficial" statement was tacked to the bottom of it

"Utah athletics department spokeswoman Liz Abel anticipates that Whittingham will release a statement by Tuesday."

That was an interesting add to me as it appears to be attempting to force a statement/commitment/action from Witt of some kind in regards to the program. Otherwise you just leave the statement off or at the very least don't tag it with a time restraint.

5. Likes Scott Card liked this post

Another article from Monson today...

--

Before we get started here, I

Utah Football 2015

Hmmmmmmmmm...

Utah coach Kyle Whittingham decides to take more time before releasing statement

http://m.deseretnews.com/article/865...m.facebook.com

My whole take on this is AD's are much easier to replace than a good coach. If I knew Jon Huntsman's take on all this I'd know which way the wind was really blowing.

And Monson's still a douche no matter how this turns out.

I hope that if whit calls it quits, that he is at least honest about why. Don't sugar coat it with a bunch of nonsense. Just say that "I quit because Chris hill is an ass and I don't want to work under him any more. I'm out!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bootboy View Post
    I hope that if whit calls it quits, that he is at least honest about why. Don't sugar coat it with a bunch of nonsense. Just say that "I quit because Chris hill is an ass and I don't want to work under him any more. I'm out!"

Exactly.

This would in effect pretty much put the final nail in Hill's coffin, which is what appears to be causing the rapid demise of Utah's football program. When guys are turning down $800K and a stable, well respected position to get the hell out then it doesn't smell like just a money problem.

Jesus.... what color is the sky in you two's world? If Witt quit's it will be for "family reasons", same lame reason they all give.

And Utah's AD's office says next we'll hear from Kyle Wittingham.... crickets....

I think a couple fellas might be measuring penises.....

Hey ice is it okay if I say that that was a sweet win for the Broncos? Personally I thought it was a great win, but I need your permission to have an opinion around here most days.

What do you think, was it a good win? Validate me if it pleases thee your grace.

I think you guys continue to overthink this Whittingham vs Hill thing. Everyone has these expectations, like they need to satisfy our curiosity as to the nature of their relationship and quell our fears of regime change.

They are just doing their jobs. I have to assume Whitt could not care less about what the masses want/feel they deserve. He's trying to enjoy the small amount of family time he's afforded right now. All well trying to decide on an OC & DC, including the waves that may make on staff.

Interview with Sitake.

Sitake takes to the air over move from Utah to Oregon State - http://www.deseretnews.com/865618892/

Due to the coaching changes at the University of Utah, I have chosen to take my talents elsewhere. Strictly a business decision. #SQ

https://mobile.twitter.com/samsonfai...57847035736064

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Due to the coaching changes at the University of Utah, I have chosen to take my talents elsewhere. Strictly a business decision. #SQ

https://mobile.twitter.com/samsonfai...57847035736064
    So the Utes have lost a potential walk on that has received offers from DII schools.....

Just some light reading re: what the Kansas faithful think about Samson possibly bringing his talents back to Lawrence.

http://kansas.scout.com/forums/2485-...eturning?s=172

With only DII scholarship & DI walk on offers, seems he may be overestimating his "talents."

So what's the latest news on the hill? When will Utah hire a new OC and DC. It seems like the prime picking time has already past...

Doug Robinson: Trouble on the Hill

"Public sentiment is on Whittingham's side. At a Utah basketball game last week, Hill was booed by the crowd as he presented an award on the court. And this is the guy who has overseen an athletic department whose basketball and football teams are both in the top 20 of the national rankings."

http://m.deseretnews.com/article/865...m.facebook.com

Losing Wily-Matagi isn't great... Don't think it has much/anything to do with what is going on at Utah, as much as his recruiter was KS. Don't know much about the kid, other than 6'4" 220 athlete....