Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Recruits-unless they are local(very few) or follow local radio/press on Twitter(highly unlikely), I assume it's not even on their radar. Save for if they were being recruited by Tui, DC or KS, then having those guys leave may make a blip.

Current Players-they probably know the real scoop and thus, think it's all overblown anyway.
    Dude the news is all over the national media.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Dude the news is all over the national media.
    Hummmmm.....I guess I missed it on SportsCenter.

Meaning, a few internet stories are just that. I have ZERO DOUBT that this is 24/7 here, but a blip on anyone outside of Utah's radar. Even those with University of Utah ties.

& I'm not saying it's good for recruiting or the program, but I don't think kids are flocking elsewhere due to it. Nobody signs until Feb 4th....

Statement from Chris Hill:

Hummmmm.....I guess I missed it on SportsCenter.
    It hit Sports illustrated, CBS, Yahoo, It's all over PAC 12 message boards.... The big problem is opposing teams use it in recruiting.... "You don't want to go to Utah, the head coach is being shown the door and won't be there when you get there."

[QUOTE=accadacca;565424]Statement from Chris Hill:

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    It hit Sports illustrated, CBS, Yahoo, It's all over PAC 12 message boards.... The big problem is opposing teams use it in recruiting.... "You don't want to go to Utah, the head coach is being shown the door and won't be there when you get there."
    It's a dead period, nobody should be talking to recruits. Statement would(is out) be out by the time it's over.

blogs and messages boards don't mean much to me. I contacted a friend in Nebraska, Utah Alumn and big fan, said its crickets there. Only stuff he sees in looking on the Online Trib 4-5 times a week.

800K to Sitake would have put him in the top 10 paid assistant coaches in CFB....

A few of the national websites that covered Utah Football's dirty laundry, but yeah, no big deal....

Local

• KSL
    • SLTrib, DNews and other local outlets with a dozen articles...

A few of the national websites that covered Utah Football's dirty laundry, but yeah, no big deal....

Local

• KSL
    • SLTrib, DNews and other local outlets with a dozen articles...
    Yep, aware of all those...you are not telling me anything and AGAIN, it is small potatoes.

I'm fine if you don't agree with me & think the nation is following this story.

Didn't see in mentioned on ESPN television once. Not once on any of their television programming. It was a non story.

Didn't see in mentioned on ESPN television once. Not once on any of their television programming. It was a non story.
    You mean the Harbaugh network. I think they've had bigger fish to fry.

I guess Whitt will coach the whole team himself? It seems strange to me that we haven't heard anything by way of plans to right the ship. Unless in fact Whittingham wont be at the helm.

800K to Sitake would have put him in the top 10 paid assistant coaches in CFB....
    I wonder why he walked away...

You mean the Harbaugh network. I think they've had bigger fish to fry.

I guess Whitt will coach the whole team himself? It seems strange to me that we haven't heard anything by way of plans to right the ship. Unless in fact Whittingham wont be at the helm.
    Maybe he wants to target coaches who are on teams still playing/traveling?

Maybe he's got feelers out and doesn't want to hurt feelings of his current staff that may get the job, if he can't up fill it outside?

I wonder why he walked away...
    Get back with his friend GA, get out from under Whitt(do it on his own)?

Maybe when he didn't get a sniff from Colorado State, he may have decided that he needs to shake things up?

All the "Maybe's" are because I really have no idea, just throwing stuff against the wall.

Maybe he wants to target coaches who are on teams still playing/traveling?

Maybe he's got feelers out and doesn't want to hurt feelings of his current staff that may get the job, if he can't up fill it outside?
    Lotta maybes. The statement from Hill was carefully crafted and tells us nothing.

Lotta maybes. The statement from Hill was carefully crafted and tells us nothing.
    The way that statement was so carefully worded actually raised more red flags with me. They have until until January 14th to get this fixed as that is when the dead period ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The way that statement was so carefully worded actually raised more red flags with me. They have until until January 14th to get this fixed as that is when the dead period ends.
    Exactly. It's about what it doesn't say...

Whitt is currently #43 and #6 in the Pac: http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries

I don't think this is about how much Witt makes. 6th in the PAC 12 is very respectable for a new P5 team. Witt has also turned down more money (Tennessee) to stay at Utah. This is something else, I just can't put my finger on it because nothing makes sense, which I think is what really bugs the news guys.

Hmmm.... what if a team was waiting until after their bowl game to announce Witt as their new head coach.... that would make sense.... think Florida Gators. That's a job that would be difficult to turn down. It also makes everything stated in today's press release true, at least as of today.