Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2015

Is Oregon beatable? Of course they are, but what do the Utes need to do to beat them?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bench Thompson.... snicker - snicker.

I really thought Utah should have started Hanson last game for several reasons. The first being Utah should beat Fresno no matter who is QB. If Hanson is your future it would have been great to get him the experience. It would be good to see how he played on game day. Thompson just plain sucks....

Edit: yup, I meant Chase Hanson

You mean Chase Hansen. I saw him for one snap. Yeah Thompson blows.

I think the defense will keep them in any game, but if they get stuck on the field, then they won't last and Oregon will rack up the points.

The good news is I don't think this is the same Ducks from the last couple of years. It's not easy to replace a Heisman winning QB.

Utah Football 2015

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Is Oregon beatable? Of course they are, but what do the Utes need to do to beat them?
    Offensive line needs to play well. Balanced offense. Don't give up big plays and win the turnover battle.

Oh and Wilson will be behind center and that is most likely the only way they win this game.

I also am in disagreement about the Utes losing to BYU if they played today. That's not even being a homer. Rosen played TERRIBLE, just like a freshman. The Utah lines, both sides are better than UCLA. Secondary is also better....hell, the defense as a whole.

I wish Utah had UCLA in the early part of the year while Rosen was still making dumbass Freshman mistakes. He will be pretty seasoned by the time the Utes see him.

Don't forget about UCLA's running backs, which might be the best in the conference. They racked up 300 yards and 2 TD's against BYU. Paul Perkins had 219 yards, averaging 8.4 per carry. When he got gassed they put in the backup Starks who racked up 81 yards at 11.6 per carry. I do agree that Utah has a better defense, but still these backs are damn good.

As for the Ducks I do agree that they are beatable, but Utah will need to play a nearly perfect game and that has not happened yet.

The Ducks have a terrible D so far this year. Eastern Washington hung 42 on them. And Georgia State put up 28. That's like playing Weber and Southern Utah.

Soooo..... our D needs to hold the duck offense to a reasonable number to keep our offense and special team's within striking range.

If I'm betting I'll take Utah and the 14 points. I think the betting line is way out of whack on this game. As for a straight up win I like the Utes chances, I'd put them at 40%. The Utes are catching the ducks at a good time, I'll up my odds ar 50% if the ducks are forced to start their QB2.

Step 1: Carry the ball ALL the way across the goal line.

14. Likes jman liked this post
    In good hands: Utah's undersized Britain Covey coming up big

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...-coming-up-big

I hate to say it, but I think BYU beats Utah if they played today.
    ROFLMAO

The Michigan game is starting to look like a real quality win for Utah. Ohio State and Utah could easily be the only games Michigan loses this year.

Utes first on the board.

Good held Oregon to 6 in first qtr

Gotta love the halftime score!

Now if Wittingham doesn't go into his usual prevent you from winning defense this might be an upset.

Solid half. A score on this opening drive would be big.

Á
    Awesome first Drive.

Utah Football 2015

Keep it up Utes! Kickin' ass and takin' names.