Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2015

Anyone have thoughts re: the Chris Hill interview?

I totally understand his stance. I also agree that there isn't a huge outrage from Utes fans wanting the Rivalry Game. I think this has more to do with the thought that they're "sticking it" to BYU by not playing the game, as I don't think there is any argument that the game, meaning a P5 scheduling a G5/G5 scheduling a P5, is more important to BYU.

I would like to see the game continue, but really don't have some outrage or get it done mentality about it. If it happens, great....if not, meh.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

BYU was always a fun game and the biggest game on the schedule, but that is yesterday's news. Now BYU would basically be just a preseason game as the Utes have much bigger fish to fry. I'd like to see the two schools still meet up every three years, but the other two years I'd like to experience other schools like this years Michigan game, which will be big for both schools.

Utah has more to lose in the deal. Way more...

It will be interesting to see how the game goes next year. If the gap in talent is continuing to grow between the programs, then why not schedule it and get an early W every year.

Utah Football 2015

More news...

SALT LAKE CITY — Utah athletic director Chris Hill released a statement Tuesday afternoon indicating that a contract is on BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe’s desk to extend the football series between the schools beyond an agreement to play in 2016, 2017 and 2018.

Hill said the yet-to-be signed contract, which Utah officials sent to BYU on July 30, includes games in 2019 and 2020. He also noted that tentative dates have been discussed for 2021 and 2022.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...yond-2018.html

Predictions for the Michigan game?

Utah Football 2015

TCU, Utah graduate from BCS busters to Power 5 players

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ower-5-players

Utah has Michigan's number, and they know it. Psychologically, they'll be headed into Rice-Eccles already defeated.

I pick Utah to win a very lopsided ugly massacre, that very probably could see the starters sitting the bench in the 3rd quarter.

What does everyone think about the season as a whole? I see definite losses at Oregon, USC, and Arizona but aside from those losses the rest of the games are very winnable. I believe an overall record of 9-3 is very achievable.

SB Nation has a pretty good write-up on the Utes here:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...chedule-roster

ASU has had Utah's number.

Utah Football 2015

From Popular Mechanics:
    "College football season gets underway tonight with the University of Michigan in a cupcake game against Utah," the calendar entry reads."

http://pac-12.com/article/2015/08/25...-game-michigan

Harbough has to be hating this... Nothing like having to travel and play in one of the tough stadiums in the country and topping it off by giving the home team extra incentive.

Calling the team that kicked the Wolverines' ass in Ann Arbor last season a cupcake? Someone over in pop. Mechanics is smoking crack. Pretty egregious blunder there...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    ASU has had Utah's number.
    Yeah I was going to mention that. It's very possible the Utes drop that one too.

This is Utah we're talking about.... which means they will win a game they shouldn't and they will back that up by losing a game they should win.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    This is Utah we're talking about.... which means they will win a game they shouldn't and they will back that up by losing a game they should win.
    Case in point --- the Washington State loss, and the UCLA win last season.

Utah Football 2015

Popular Mechanics sent these to the Utah Football team:

21. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Yeah right. Even if it were true, why incentivize a team that already is more than capable of demolishing them. If anything, I'd call this a cupcake game for Utah, not the other way around.