Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2015

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Utah Football 2015

Ranking the best quarterbacks in University of Utah history

http://deseretnews.com/article/86562...h-history.html

I believe the stars have finally aligned for Wilson and he is going to have a very good year. Lots of home games, running the same offense and a coach that believes in him.

Dominique Hatfield is counting down to kickoff by performing acts of aggravated robbery: http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=353...avated-robbery

SALT LAKE CITY — A key player with the University of Utah football team has been arrested for investigation of aggravated robbery after police say he robbed a man at knife point. Dominique Taishun Hatfield, 20, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail Wednesday, according to jail records. Unified Police Chief Deputy Justin Hoyal said about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Hatfield met another man at a car wash, 655 W. 3900 South. The victim responded to an online classified ad and thought he was going to buy an X-Box, Hoyal said. Hatfield identified himself in the ad as David Wilkins, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report. "When the victim and suspect met the suspect produced a knife and demanded the victim’s money. The victim complied and gave the suspect cash. The suspect then fled on foot," according to police. Hatfield ran off with about $180 to the nearby Mountain Shadow Apartments, according to the jail report. A short time later, the victim arranged for his wife to call Hatfield back and inquiry about buying a phone he was also selling, the report stated. They arranged to meet at the same place her husband was robbed, only this time Unified police officers were also there waiting. They watched as Hatfield walked from the apartment complex to the car wash, the jail report stated.

"UPD was present and when the suspect arrived he was taken into custody without incident. The victim positively identified Dominique Hatfield as the suspect who had robbed him earlier," Hoyal said. A spokeswoman with the University of Utah Athletic Department said all of the coaches were out of town Wednesday and she only knew what was being reported by the media. However, in matters like this she said the school typically will let the legal system run its course, and the U. may have more to say once head coach Kyle Whittingham returns from vacation. Some of Hatfield's teammates reacted on social media Wednesday as word of his arrest Hatfield is a junior from California who switched from receiver to cornerback last season. After an impressive showing during spring camp he was expected to be a starter. Last season he started 10 games and earned 38 tackles. He had an interception and nine pass break-ups. One of the highlights for him last season was a 20-yard interception return for a touchdown that secured Utah’s win over Colorado. He had a season-high seven tackles against Washington State.

Urban youth's.... insert eye roll here....

Well.....NOW what? Whittingham made a premature decision to dismiss DHat from the team without having all of the pertinent evidence. Does he eat crow and invite him back, or does he let his $hitty premature decision stand, wrecking DHat's future in the process?

Charges dropped against former Ute Dominique Hatfield
    By Josh Furlong
    July 16th, 2015 @ 10:26pm

SALT LAKE CITY — The state of Utah has dropped all charges against former University of Utah football player Dominique Hatfield Thursday, citing evidence questions. Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill dropped charges against Hatfield, saying the prosecution needed further evidence for a case to move forward. "Since the case was filed with the court, new evidence has been received and examined that casts doubt on the defendant's guilt of the crimes as alleged in the original information," Gill said in the state's motion to dismiss the case. "This evidence will require further investigation before proceeding with the prosecution in this matter."

Hatfield was arrested earlier this month after allegedly robbing an individual at knifepoint and stealing money from the victim who was looking to buy an Xbox from a classified ad. Prosecutors reviewed surveillance footage from a nearby Maverik convenience store and found that Hatfield was not a "principle" person involved with the incident. "We received additional information when we filed the charges that indicated that Mr. Hatfield was not the principle involved in the actual robbery," Salt Lake County District Attorney chief deputy Blake Nakamura told KSL. "The additional information has caused us to look into some other areas of information, and we're continuing to do that. Until we really review all the information, we won't be able to conclude this matter."
    "It was a video tape created by the people at the Maverik that depicts the person very clearly, who is identified as the armed robber," Hatfield's attorney Greg Skordas told KSL. "And that person, very clearly, is not Dominique Hatfield." Skordas said he doesn't expect the armed robbery charges to be filed again against Hatfield, but that misdemeanor charges relating to stolen cellphones could be raised at a later time. "Whether the district attorney's office decides to still run with that remains to be seen. But they dismissed that charge for now," he said.

Hatfield was dismissed from the University of Utah football program on July 10 after head coach Kyle Whittingham said he had developed "further concerns" that lead for his dismissal. Whittingham was not available for comment Thursday. Skordas said he hopes the University of Utah will give Hatfield a second chance based on the recent developments of the alleged incident. "He lost not only his position on the team, he lost his scholarship," Skordas said. "He's home in California and doesn't have the ability to attend college without that scholarship. I'm hoping someone will take a second look at that decision."

I wish I knew what the further concerns were. Has to be significant.

I also hope there is an avenue laid out to him for his return to school, if not to the team.

CANT WAIT for football season!

Utah Football 2015

Skordas said he doesn't expect the armed robbery charges to be filed again against Hatfield, but that misdemeanor charges relating to stolen cellphones could be raised at a later time. "Whether the district attorney's office decides to still run with that remains to be seen. But they dismissed that charge for now," he said.

So Domo has an assault charge(Class B) that he's dealing with, which is why he has not been reinstated.

I think Hatfield is history, he is obviously not the brightest crayon in the box.

Full story here:
    Former Ute Dominique Hatfield charged with assault
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=35788068&nid=294

People make stupid choices. Slap him with a fine and probation and keep him on the field. Dismissing him from the team as well as the university doesn't benefit anybody, and will probably ruin domo's life for good. I think it would benefit all parties to keep him here in some sort of counseling. Help the guy out.

Throwback uniforms for the Oct. 10 game against Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    People make stupid choices. Slap him with a fine and probation and keep him on the field. Dismissing him from the team as well as the university doesn't benefit anybody, and will probably ruin domo's life for good. I think it would benefit all parties to keep him here in some sort of counseling. Help the guy out.
    It benefits the university, as they don't have him representing them on the field. There is obviously more to this story, stuff the coaches know, that make them feel like he is more risk than reward at this point.

After being arrested on very serious charges, getting out and a few days later, Domo makes what appears to be another questionable decision AGAIN. When do you draw the line? I am fairly confident that neither the coaching staff or the powers that be at the University, want such an individual representing them, which is what having him on the field does.

I know that I don't know the entire story. I know the coaching staff knows far more than any of us. If they are saying he's not worth the chance at this point, kid better get his head straight. Sounds like Domo has been given some hoops to jump through that may allow him to get back into good standing, that's a gift in my opinion.

Side note, who's paying for Greg Skordas? I assume he's representing Domo pro bono, but that's a Hell of a deal.

19. Likes Iceaxe liked this post

Three weeks + 2 days and I should be tailgating up on the hill. I'm getting anxious. Feel like a kid that's been let out for Christmas Break, but still waiting for Christmas.

Side note, looking forward to watching the Drive on PAC12 Network.