Thread: There cimes a time when bling don't cut it.

There cimes a time when bling don't cut it.

I'm in the middle of stripping all the bling off on my 500 and getting back to the basics.
    TIME TO REALLY RIDE.
    Setting the suspinsion back up a 1 and 1/2 " and I'm tearing off the Fast Flex bars.

Back to basics as I feal I have lost the how to ride rather than look pretty to ride.
    I want to skip and roll rather than bounce off shit.
    I might just have that one backwords

Hope to see you after Christmas
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Looking forward to riding down there soon. My Husa is almost bone stock and it keeps up with the pack just fine.

Eat. Poop. Ride/Hike/Ski. maChete's Avatar
    How much you sellin the bars for? I'm interested. Call me.
    Roger That....Over!

The fast flexx are coming off but until I feel certain that is the way I want to go they are on the garage wall for the time being.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

I like the changes back to stock thus far as I have been able to trim 90 sec. off my 7.30 +or- gp course I have set up.
    The lowering 1 1/2 inches was great to learn with and great for the 5 miles of hell minus all the times I rocked out my skid on the down stuff but my hoops times have dropped after going back to stock.
    Bottom line is be carefull about just what bling you do.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Looking forward to riding down there soon. My Husa is almost bone stock and it keeps up with the pack just fine.
    Exactly. My YZ250 is nearly stock and has been for 10 years. Still runs strong and never gives me any problems. Every time I start looking at another bike I always find myself asking what's wrong with what I've got now? With the YZ I know how to fix everything.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

8. Likes REDFOX liked this post
    Sorry Chet but the fast flex are back on as well as the GPR.
    The change I made about a year ago to lower the bike was great at the time on through 5 miles of hell.
    But my speed in the hoops is triple with KTM set up and I like it more than a lot.

Part of the progression I guess as this is all a learning curve for me. But I'm feeling real good about taking it back in the suspension.

In a way I'm glad I went through this.
    Lowering helped me out in a very big way for confidence and balance in my corners and tough stuff.
    But man it is nice to have it back now. SMOOTH

Feels wonderful to leave the third gear behind cause I thought I was on the verge of wadding it up in the deep whoops.
    Feels fresh and I fell alive again.