Thread: Help, I will be stuck in The Dalles for two weeks for work!

How did I get in this box dentedvw's Avatar

Help, I will be stuck in The Dalles for two weeks for work!

What do I do? Anyone up there?
    Ice climbing, rock climbing, cards against humanity, dinner and some laughs, see some movies... any locals want to get together?
    I am up there for a G***le project, and I need something to do sometimes, or I will play xbox in my hotel room every night.

Should I bring climbing gear? Ice gear? Split board? What?

I just got this thrown at me yesterday, and I leave in the morning for two weeks, weekend included. I don't think I will be working nights, or weekends, so it leaves a lot of free time. I won't have a car, unless I rent one, which I may for the weekend at least. I work for a super large company and they like to send me around the country to work, and last minute stuff is not unusual.

Feel free to facebook me, or send me a text at 801200251356 but leave out the last two digits. I don't know if that works, but what the hey. It seems risky to put my phone number on a public forum but I would really like to find some activities.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The Dalles? I'm sorry.

Jk.

If you have time, take a mountain bike and head down to hood River and ride post canyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootboy View Post
    The Dalles? I'm sorry.

Jk.

If you have time, take a mountain bike and head down to hood River and ride post canyon.

Post Canyon is amazing! There are some nice climbing routes near the Dalles. If you have snowshoes or an interest in renting some, I'd be down for some snowshoeing around Mount Hood.

How did I get in this box dentedvw's Avatar
    So I am still around. Well, I went home for a few days, but returning on the 28th. I haven't gotten out at all, been working almost every day. I did take one sunday off. Ha ha! But, I did laundry and went to the Discovery Center.

Have you eaten at Cousin's yet? Might not be your style...but they have excellent food--especially breakfast.

Anyhow, you haven't mentioned fishing yet, but there are some big fish in the Columbia.