Thread: Salt Lake County OHV taxes -v- trail access

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar

Salt Lake County OHV taxes -v- trail access

Your help requested. If you reside in Salt Lake County, we'd like your support in contacting the Utah legislature or members of the Salt Lake County Council. Here's a form letter you can use and the email addresses of those representing Salt Lake County LE.

Our goal is to either eliminate the OHV registration tax in Salt Lake County, or to get Salt Lake County to open up OHV access along Butterfield or Rose Canyons - and thusly gaining access to Tooele and Utah counties without the necessity of travelling all the way to 5Mile or further.
    --

Dear Legislators:

Were you aware that Salt Lake County collects and retains the largest share of tax dollars from OHV registration than any other county in the State of Utah? Slightly more than $1M in annual revenues, yet only 6 miles of trail exists within the borders of Salt Lake County, and even that has been threatened for closure (Mineral Fork up Big Cottonwood Canyon).

There are several thousand tax payers that register OHV's in Salt Lake County, only to be required to transport their machines out of Salt Lake County to ride. The bulk of their OHV registration tax provides little or no benefit to those being taxed. Salt Lake County provides no routes to recreate on, no trail heads, and no services for OHV owners. Contrast the vast amount of trails that exist in Piute, Kane and other counties, yet their tax base minimally supports those trails as the bulk of their patrons are from the Salt Lake County area.

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana]A few options we
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

2. Likes Mooseman70 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The thing that gets my blood boiling is the zoo tax. When I register my dirt bikes I have to pay a zoo tax. One of these days I am going to unload my bikes at the zoo and go for a ride. When the cops show up I will pull out my invoice and show them that I have paid to ride there.

5. Likes Mooseman70, BruteForce liked this post