Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ferguson: Officer will NOT faces charges

To me, it shouldn't matter what race Michael Brown was. To me, what race he was has no bearing on whether or not he was aggressive, threatening, violent, or committed a robbery. I admit that some cops out there are probably thugs, and some even do racial profiling (which I don't agree with) but I also know that if you don't break the law (regardless of what race you are) or act like a thug, the chances of having confrontations with cops are less.

I watched the robbery video and as some of the protesters claim, it does not prove that he assaulted the officer or that the officer knew about the robbery (it had been claimed that the officer didn't, but it appears that he actually did, but even so..). It does prove, however, that he was a thief, and that he was aggressively threatening and assaulting people. The fact that a robbery was just committed is motive (not proof) of wanting to escape or resist arrest.

Yes, it was a tragedy and I feel for his parents, friends, and family. It should not be claimed however that Michael Brown was some innocent gentle giant. (For the record, I believe George Zimmerman (who shot Trayvon Martin) deserves to be in jail, but that's another story).

Yes, it is sad that Michael Brown is dead. He shouldn't have decided to rob a store that day either or to assault the store owner. Whether or not he deserved to die for it or not is irreverent in the fact that he was a criminal. This has nothing to do with his race, but had to do with the choices that he made.

I also don't understand what good rioting is going to do. It is just destroying people’s lives that had nothing to do with the situation and making Ferguson (and even America) look bad. Now the KKK is making threats and wanting to get involved. The only reason racism exists is because people want it to. This is applicable to all races and rioting is a step backwards.

I also think it is deplorable that both sides of the political spectrum are trying to politicize this and point the finger as the other party. One or the other political party isn’t responsible for this, the rioters are.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post

http://www.kptv.com/story/26316705/c...ael-brown-rant

But no reason to confuse y'alls with actual facts.

Carry on.

5. Likes MiCamp liked this post
    There once was a thug named Brown,
    Who bum rushed a cop with a frown,
    six bullets later,
    he met his creator,
    and his homies burned down the town.

In case you're still not getting it....

How not to get your ass kicked by the police!

Wow, so much smug happiness at another's misfortune. This threads kinda like a riot; lots of anger, little connection to the precipitating events and nothing in the way of constructive ideas. A really low point for Bogley.
    Micah

9. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MiCamp View Post
    Wow, so much smug happiness at another's misfortune. This threads kinda like a riot; lots of anger, little connection to the precipitating events and nothing in the way of constructive ideas. A really low point for Bogley.
    No, you are inferring incorrectly. No smug happiness at all. Just our opinions on this situation.

Curious - what's your take on our "little connection to the precipitating events"??
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Clearly a difference of opinion, the snarky memes (ie the gift card brick and others) are just mean spirited and other than a few by Scott have had offered little constructive discourse.
    Accaddacca posted 9 negative posts before he gets around to crocodile tears for the 18th post.
    As for any connection to the precipitating events, it's media driven and just like the rioters, is more an opportunity to vent ones anger than an opportunity to offer solutions to problems actually experienced.
    Micah

12. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    Clearly a difference of opinion, the snarky memes (ie the gift card brick and others) are just mean spirited and other than a few by Scott have had offered little constructive discourse.
    Accaddacca posted 9 negative posts before he gets around to crocodile tears for the 18th post.
    As for any connection to the precipitating events, it's media driven and just like the rioters, is more an opportunity to vent ones anger than an opportunity to offer solutions to problems actually experienced.
    Everything I posted is from news stories online. Except the Chris Rock video. I never stated my opinion. Were you looking for news articles supporting the riots and looting? I can try to dig those up...? Do you have constructive ideas to contribute? Let's hear them. This is in fact an internet message board, not a debate at Princeton.

I'm just digesting the news like everyone else. I'm not an expert on this case and I knew little about it.

14. Likes double moo liked this post
    Wow, so much smug happiness at another's misfortune.
    Damn... your life must be sad and bleak....

Sometimes you just have to look at the humor is a sad situation. Try it sometime, a smile makes handling life's challenges and difficulties a little more bearable. It doesn't mean you lack empathy.

YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Damn... your life must be sad and bleak...
    Good lord Iceaxe, get a grip. What is this a schoolyard fight? I suppose you'll be insulting my mom next.

I can assure you that your appraisal on the state of my life, while interesting, is about as relevant to this discussion as anything you've posted. The thing I love about you is your ignorance- we've never met, you don't know a thing about me, but ehh... why let that get in the way.

I'm sure you're a wonderful person, full of compassion and yes... FUNNY!!

It's just that this thread is a bit mean-spirited and as I'm sure you've heard 'short on substance'.

If you got butt-hurt over it, I'm sorry and will be gentler in the future.

17. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    This is in fact an internet message board, not a debate at Princeton. .
    I'm not expecting a 'Princeton Debate', with news article citations and lots of chin scratching while we all say 'shmayy... interesting point.' I was just, and guess am, confused as to whether this is an internet message board or internet discussion board. I always took it for a discussion board and frankly found the discussion on this topic lacking. If it's just a message board, then I suppose I'm wrong and many messages have successfully been pinned by the bored. And I'll take my leave.

I was just, and guess am, confused as to whether this is an internet message board or internet discussion board.
    C'mon man...you're on a forum with a bunch of people that like to play in the dirt. Either throw something down, or mosey over to the Canyon Collective...they're a lot more well mannered over there.

Last May, I attended a big party with 60 other people in the backcountry south of Moab. It was 4 days of biking and hiking. We built a sweat lodge and everyone would come out naked and dance around the fire. A big drum circle, booze and the smell of ganja in the air...everybody having a good time.

In September, I attended the Zion Rendezvous...no booze, no pot, no nudity (uh, actually...) a real wholesome event, and everyone having a good time.

You said that you consider this thread a "low point on Bogley"...you haven't been around here very long, have ya? My point is, if you're not comfortable with a certain kind of crowd, hang somewhere else.

Quite frankly, I'd like to hear what you have to say about this whole matter...considering that you're the voice of reason, eh?
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

I'm not expecting a 'Princeton Debate', with news article citations and lots of chin scratching while we all say 'shmayy... interesting point.' I was just, and guess am, confused as to whether this is an internet message board or internet discussion board. I always took it for a discussion board and frankly found the discussion on this topic lacking. If it's just a message board, then I suppose I'm wrong and many messages have successfully been pinned by the bored. And I'll take my leave.
    It seems like you are expecting a lot. Anyone can state their opinion and many have. Nobody is required to write their thoughts in any post. There isn't a wrong or right way to create a message. Have read comments on news sites, Facebook, YouTube or others? Bogley is no different...

As for myself...I guess I'm just an insensitive bastard.

21. Likes DiscGo, ratagonia liked this post
    KHQ.COM - Benjamin Watson who plays for the New Orleans Saints posted the following on his Facebook page and it has since gone viral:

"At some point while I was playing or preparing to play Monday Night Football, the news broke about the Ferguson Decision. After trying to figure out how I felt, I decided to write it down. Here are my thoughts:

I'M ANGRY because the stories of injustice that have been passed down for generations seem to be continuing before our very eyes.

I'M FRUSTRATED, because pop culture, music and movies glorify these types of police citizen altercations and promote an invincible attitude that continues to get young men killed in real life, away from safety movie sets and music studios.

I'M FEARFUL because in the back of my mind I know that although I'm a law abiding citizen I could still be looked upon as a "threat" to those who don't know me. So I will continue to have to go the extra mile to earn the benefit of the doubt.

I'M EMBARRASSED because the looting, violent protests, and law breaking only confirm, and in the minds of many, validate, the stereotypes and thus the inferior treatment.

I'M SAD, because another young life was lost from his family, the racial divide has widened, a community is in shambles, accusations, insensitivity hurt and hatred are boiling over, and we may never know the truth about what happened that day.

I'M SYMPATHETIC, because I wasn't there so I don't know exactly what happened. Maybe Darren Wilson acted within his rights and duty as an officer of the law and killed Michael Brown in self defense like any of us would in the circumstance. Now he has to fear the backlash against himself and his loved ones when he was only doing his job. What a horrible thing to endure. OR maybe he provoked Michael and ignited the series of events that led to him eventually murdering the young man to prove a point.

I'M OFFENDED, because of the insulting comments I've seen that are not only insensitive but dismissive to the painful experiences of others.

I'M CONFUSED, because I don't know why it's so hard to obey a policeman. You will not win!!! And I don't know why some policeman abuse their power. Power is a responsibility, not a weapon to brandish and lord over the populace.

I'M INTROSPECTIVE, because sometimes I want to take "our" side without looking at the facts in situations like these. Sometimes I feel like it's us against them. Sometimes I'm just as prejudiced as people I point fingers at. And that's not right. How can I look at white skin and make assumptions but not want assumptions made about me? That's not right.

I'M HOPELESS, because I've lived long enough to expect things like this to continue to happen. I'm not surprised and at some point my little children are going to inherit the weight of being a minority and all that it entails.

I'M HOPEFUL, because I know that while we still have race issues in America, we enjoy a much different normal than those of our parents and grandparents. I see it in my personal relationships with teammates, friends and mentors. And it's a beautiful thing.

I'M ENCOURAGED, because ultimately the problem is not a SKIN problem, it is a SIN problem. SIN is the reason we rebel against authority. SIN is the reason we abuse our authority. SIN is the reason we are racist, prejudiced and lie to cover for our own. SIN is the reason we riot, loot and burn. BUT I'M ENCOURAGED because God has provided a solution for sin through the his son Jesus and with it, a transformed heart and mind. One that's capable of looking past the outward and seeing what's truly important in every human being. The cure for the Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, Tamir Rice and Eric Garner tragedies is not education or exposure. It's the Gospel. So, finally, I'M ENCOURAGED because the Gospel gives mankind hope."

Here is the link to his Facebook page: http://tinyurl.com/oo9szxv

23. Likes MiCamp, DiscGo liked this post
    Hey all-

I'd like to apologize for the tone of my previous posts, a bit over the top and my bad. In particular an apology to Accadacca, I certainly misread your posts.

25. Likes Byron, DiscGo liked this post
    Hey all-

I'd like to apologize for the tone of my previous posts, a bit over the top and my bad. In particular an apology to Accadacca, I certainly misread your posts.
    No biggie. It's all good.

The only thing officer darren wilson should be charged with is littering.