Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferguson: Officer will NOT faces charges

Ferguson: Officer will NOT faces charges

FERGUSON, Mo. -- A white police officer will not face charges for fatally shooting an unarmed black teenager in a case that set off violent protests and racial unrest throughout the nation.

A St. Louis County grand jury declined to indict officer Darren Wilson, 28, for firing six shots in an August confrontation that killed 18-year-old Michael Brown, St. Louis County prosecutor Robert McCulloch said Monday night.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The latest on a peaceful protest in Utah regarding the #FergusonDecision this man chose to exercise his 2nd amendment rights. -Nineveh Dinha

Ferguson: Officer will NOT faces charges

I don't know how anyone, regardless of race could watch the video of the robbery and somehow think that Michael Brown was an innocent victim.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

6. Likes DiscGo liked this post

They want the police to leave them alone, and look what happens. I kind of envy you guys that live out there in rural Utah, or in the white bread towns...you really don't have to worry about this crap.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

12. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    I feel for the people of Ferguson. I lived in L.A. during the Rodney King riots. I'd take an earthquake over civil unrest any day. Yes, I can say that because after the riots, my wife and I moved from LA to about 10 miles from the epicenter of the Northridge earthquake. We have a pretty good comparison. Needless to say, I'm glad to be back in Utah.
    Life is Good

14. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    To me, the shame in all this is that the legacy of MLK is completely obliterated. It simply doesn't exist. And I'm not talking about a bunch of losers/opportunists on the street...No Justice, No Peace, eh? Doesn't seem to be working very well.

(NSFW) Chris Rock - How not to get your ass kicked by the police!

17. Likes Byron liked this post
    Excellent!!!

20. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    And on a positive note.... Bill Cosby has got to be loving this..... Not one mention from another women he drugged and raped on the news last night....

I'm contemplating what to get on my pizza for tonights reality show... Dumbass in Furguson...

They're starting to block I-70 & surrounding roads in St Louis.... Fencing in the zoo animals. The day crew is out driving around chanting "Tear it down for Michael Brown".

And in Atlanta just on the news a bunch of looters... err.... I mean 'protesters' are waiting for it to get dark enough to 'protest' tonight.

24. Likes DiscGo liked this post

Here's just one snapshot of the aftermath from rioting & looting in Ferguson. Natalie DuBose crying after looters attacked her cake store to get "justice" for Michael Brown. She sold her cakes at flea markets to save up to own her own shop. ~ Via Josh Jordan.

Here's a fundraiser to help - http://www.gofundme.com/NataliesCakesnMore

Here's an interview she gave - http://bit.ly/1uU4BED

I'm sick of this Ferguson bullshit.... If you are going to pick a cause to champion, at least pick a just cause. I'm sure there are many good examples to choose from, but this simply is not it.

Just to set the facts straight... Mr. Brown assaulted and robbed a local store owner and his business, then attracted attention to himself by walking in the middle of a street, impeding traffic. When the police officer arrived and asked/told/demanded him to get out of the street and on to the sidewalk, Mr. Brown was confrontational and swiftly approached/charged/attacked the police officer's vehicle. At that point there was a struggle and shots were fired.

Gun shot residue evidence proves that Mr. Brown was attempting to get the officer's gun. In every imaginable scenario, that has got to be one of the dumbest actions anyone could attempt. Seconds later Mr. Brown lay dead in the middle of the street.

Now, you can never be 100% certain of what happened between the time Mr. Brown attempted to over power the officer and take his gun and when he lay dead. But I can tell you that Mr. Brown made a laundry list of incredibly bad choices that lead to his death. I can tell you that he was not the "gentle giant" some people would like to deceive you into believing.

There are photos of him flashing gang signs, robbing a store, brandishing firearms, and there are pictures of the under aged Mr. Brown with drugs and alcohol. This was a troubled teen. Being a troubled teen does not mean you should die. But this troubled teen made decision after decision to ignore the law, harass and assault people, commit robbery, and charge/attack/attempt to physically intimidate a police officer. And all this led one step closer to his ultimate demise.

This is not the correct time to cry out about injustice. Injustice would be trying to convict a police officer of murder simply because his skin color is white and the dead man is black. Choosing to ignore the known facts and to attempt to demonize a person based solely on skin color. How would that be justice? That would be clear racism. Racism disguised as justice or sympathy or whatever they can get people and the media to believe.

It was the repeated actions of Mr. Brown and not the officer that ended up killing Mr. Brown. It was his own brash, reckless, lawless behavior that ended his life. It is sad. And he had so many chances to make choices that would have lead to a different result. No one is to blame for Michael Brown's death except Michael Brown.

Blog Entries
    Well said Shane. I'm of the same opinion on this matter. Especially, your last sentence "No one is to blame for Michael Brown's death except Michael Brown".

Cops who are "trigger happy" are a different story but this was not that case here.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"