Thread: Granary Canyon Standard Route GPS Coordinates

Granary Canyon Standard Route GPS Coordinates

Hi,

I want to do the standard route of Granary Canyon without the final long rappel. I know GPS coordinates are available on Road Trip Ryan's website, but it's currently down, and I want to head to Moab in the next few days.

Can someone message me or post the location of the rap points so I have them in case, and also so I don't wander and ruin any of the soil there.

Cheers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The beta can also be found on Climb Utah: http://climb-utah.com/Moab/granary.htm

The beta for Granary is also found in this new book: http://stores.sharpendbooks.com/moab...-pre-purchase/
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

Not sure what you are calling the standard route.... but to me that would be the route originally guided by Desert Highlights and includes the final rappel, which ends at the granary.

The short cut is a route that excludes the final rappel and creates a loop hike. There are several variations of the short cut, none of which I'd consider standard, common or typical as there are numerous options. The only thing standard about the short cut routes is they all use the 4x4 road to the east as the return.