Thread: Hog I aka Boss Hawg

Hog I aka Boss Hawg

TR HogI aka Boss Hawg

I like doing this canyon with lots of body armor AND when it is cooler out - I don’t like to leave skin on the walls nor have a sweat fest wrapped in
    protective gear. This is a Butt Pad canyon meant for coolers temperatures. It was a nice day in the North Wash area.
    Hog I has lots of stemming, slip sliding, shimmying and squeezing. I do think most people could traverse this canyon down in the cracks but stemming
    higher up the walls through the tighter sections is so much more fun. There are smaller, almost imperceptive ledges up high that really help with the
    stemming.
    We climbed the traditional exit crack back to our vehicle on top of the Hog plateau That view from up there is extraordinary!

Our Hog team consisted of me, my daughter Andrea(who has let her marriage get in the way of canyoneering), son Lorin and Charlie and Terresa. It was a
    great team. The day went by way too quick.

More photos can be viewed at
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1149702...ssHawg11082014

Doug French
    Attached Images Attached Images                                             
    Don't believe everything you think.

-Borrowed from a bumper sticker I believe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice one Doug!. I finally met up with Charlie & Teresa today (we did Not Tierdrop this afternoon and we will do the Grainery (which you showed me 5 years ago) tomorrow.

Great pics!
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

5. Likes Lfrench1985 liked this post
    Looks like a nice day Doug! But no spiders in the cold... I've always exited up the ridge between Hog 1 and Hog 2, how does the crack exit compare in terms of time and effort?

Our Hog team consisted of me, my daughter Andrea (who has let her marriage get in the way of canyoneering by the way ), son Lorin and Charlie and Terresa from Colorado.
    For those that know Charlie (I'm not sure who all his friends are), he was in a really bad canyoneering accident yesterday. Maybe PM me if you do know him.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by davehuth View Post
    Looks like a nice day Doug! But no spiders in the cold... I've always exited up the ridge between Hog 1 and Hog 2, how does the crack exit compare in terms of time and effort?
    It was a perfect day. No spiders, no biting bugs. no flies. . The Crack exit has some nice views all the way up, takes a tad less time and is a little easier than the ridge climb.
    Don't believe everything you think.

-Borrowed from a bumper sticker I believe

Oops, posted in the wrong area. How do I delete a post?