Thread: MISSING PERSON!!! PLEASE READ!!!

MISSING PERSON!!! PLEASE READ!!!

This was requested by by a Facebook member to be shared.

UPDATE OF AREAS COVERED IN NORTHERN AZ & SOUTHERN UT:
    Thank you for your efforts and support. Jason Corneveaux's body has been found and the search is over. We wish our best to Jason's family and friends. Especially his wife and young son Rex.

Air Coverage Needed:
    Paria Plateau
    ***Grand Staircase Escalante*** - Knows this spot really well, was just there a few weeks ago.
    National Monument
    Glen Canyon

Need to check with SAR for areas covered east of here. Coconino County is finally paying attention. Hopefully we will have Civil Air Patrol intelligences and/or aerial coverage. Limitations there, the orders have to come from a Sergeant or our detective who doesn't want to do much. If it isn't a murder or a kidnapping, the state isn't eager.

Additional areas:
    SW UT
    AZ Strip
    Toroweap & Kanab Point
    Kairparowits Plateau
    Hole in the Wall
    Boulder Mountain Calf
    Cockscomb Escalante

May have additional Helicopters in the air today. Anyone wanting to help with the searches inAZ, contact Mitch Storey. At this point, I am running N. AZ and S. UT, he has been navigating the rest of AZ.

Please share. If you know anyone in these areas, forums, anything, please pass along. 480-703-0852.

2004 Tan Toyota Tacoma, plate # 0AH8765. Distinct tires, BFG KM2 - picture below. Again, he will not be on popular trails, at trailheads or by people.

Thank you sooooooo much to the amazing people who have come forward, donated their time, knowledge, resources and contacts to move mountains. The word grateful isn't powerful enough to express our family's gratitude. If you have additional ideas, please text or message me. We have been on a very thorough investigation, so well thought out ideas are appreciated and welcomed.

He needs to come home, our son Rex River turns 1 year old on Thursday.

Post here:
    https://www.facebook.com/BogleyOutdoorCommunity/posts/10153073929344311

Last edited by DiscGo; 11-12-2014 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Updated the story

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yikes! Unfortunate that his truck is similar in color to the surrounding landscape.

Has he made attempts at contacting family/friends during the time he has been out?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

No one has heard from since November 5th. One of his buddies posted this to Facebook:
    Please anybody that can help on finding my best friend Jason Corneveaux:
    Information I do have:
    He withdrew $200 cash and turned his cell phone off at 2:02AM on Wednesday, 11/5.
    He took a small 3 gallon fuel tank.
    He has about 10-14 days of food along with 10 gallons of water.
    He took his survival books and his berries and branches book on edible plants.
    He took his medicine for his behavioral health.
    He took his mummy sleeping bag and a sleeping pad.
    He has not turned his cell phone on or made any withdrawals from any accounts or credit card.
    He took his river hat.
    He has binoculars in the truck at all times.
    He took some Knob Creek bourbon and his Old Man River Tabaco Pipe
    He is 6'6" with a shaved head and short scruffy bear. He has brown-hazel eyes. Weighs about 200 lbs. He has full sleeve tattoos.
    He did not take his hiking boots. He has sensitive feet, so he won't go far from his truck.
    He did not take his truck's tool box and lift.
    He will not be anywhere that has people.
    He has a photographic memory of all the back roads in Lower UT.
    He did not take his bikes (bike mountain biker).
    He isn't int forests with pines.
    He like panoramic views, cottonwood trees and Aspen Trees.
    I am trying to get help with Civil Air Patrol. Our local detective has been my biggest road block. An ATL was sent out, but some of the counties and forestry services didn't receive it. This state's system has serious glitches. The ATL only lasts 3 days.
    To some, this is redundant. I am sorry.
    He is a neurological geneticist, landscape photographer (primarily Southern Utah), a river rafter and an avid outdoorsman.
    Areas that have been covered aside from N. AZ and Northern UT:
    White Canyon
    Chiricahuas
    Sheeps Cross, Bartlett Lake, Cave Creek and everything in between to I-17 and Bloody Basin.
    Mogollon Rim
    Superstitions
    Areas to look:
    N. AZ & Lower Utah. Some of these areas have been covered already by rescue, I am just not sure which ones.
    2004 Tan Toyota Tacoma, plate # 0AH8765. No shell on it. My number 480-703-0852.
    Potential sighting on Thursday (guy didn't know he was missing yet) on White Pocket Vermillion Cliffs. We have 10 pictures of that area in our house and it is a drop in spot for rafting the Colorado in the Grand Canyon. His river trip on the Colorado was one of his most special, memorable trips.

His favorite areas in random order:
    Zion: Subway, Radiator
    Coyote Buttes
    Coyote Gulch
    Jacob Hamblin Arch
    Hunt's Mesa
    Starry Gulch
    Canyonlands:
    Elephant Canyon
    Druid Overlook/Arch
    Fire Butte
    The Needles
    Newspaper Rock
    Monument Valley - Smokey Mountain Rd. - camped here a few weeks ago
    Subway Canyon - less likely. He doesn't like the boring walk in
    Brown's Peak
    La Sal Mountain
    Mesa Verde
    Capital Reef:
    Fruita
    Upper Cathedral Valley
    Devil's Garden
    Metate Arch
    Tense of the Moon
    Hell's Backbone Rd.
    Ground Staircase Escalante:
    Hackberry Creek
    Grosvenor Arch
    Burr Trail
    Upper Maley Twist Dbl Arch
    Route 24
    San Rafael Badlands
    Molly's Castle
    Gooseberry Towers
    White Rim Trail

To see some of favorite key spots in these areas, his photos can be viewed at www.corneveaux.com

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'll be on Lake Powell tomorrow for a few days.
    If he likes Panorama's, how about Alstrom Point area?
    The Grand bench road continues on from the Alstrom area up to Rock Cr.(very rough and desolate)
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

He withdrew $200 cash and turned his cell phone off at 2:02AM on Wednesday, 11/5.
    He took a small 3 gallon fuel tank.
    He has about 10-14 days of food along with 10 gallons of water.
    Was there a plan of when he was supposed to be back? If he took 10-14 days of food and 10 gallons of water, is it possible that he planned to be out that long?

I'm confused as to the story. When did he leave and when was he supposed to be back?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

7. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    I think he's doing the hermit thing. He'll come back...I think he just needed to get away for a while.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    I think he's doing the hermit thing. He'll come back...I think he just needed to get away for a while.

This is my theory as well. Many guys have this "need" to just get lost for a while.

Blog Entries

That's my line of thinking too.

I would think if you are depressed, a *rational* idea to them is to get away from any internal and external source of depression.

And nature doesn't pass any judgement or criticism.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Jason was found today, unfortunately not alive. Please remember to always travel with a buddy and let people know where you are going. :(

This implies that there was an accident. I'm sorry for your loss and wish you and all others concerned the best of luck.

I'm burning with curiosity...but I realize that asking for details may be inappropriate.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

This implies that there was an accident. I'm sorry for your loss and wish you and all others concerned the best of luck.

I'm burning with curiosity...but I realize that asking for details may be inappropriate.
    X2

Ugh, that's bad news. I'm sorry to hear that.

Sorry to hear that too.
    I met Jason and his photo buddy Charlie a couple of years ago at False Kiva during their night shot sessions around Arches and Canyonlands. A cool and friendly guy...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I spent an hour last night bumping around his website. Went to bed depressed...

I am saddened to learn of this outcome. I never met him but he was a member of a community that loves the Southern Utah Wilderness. My heart goes out to his family and friends for their loss.

Ken Steinsapir

x3
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Very sad and my condolences to those who knew him.

I'm guessing that because he left on Wednesday, November 5 and the first notices began showing up on Saturday, November 8, that he was expected to contact or return by then. I'm a little surprised that this didn't hit the media.

This is a stark reminder to leave detailed plans and check in as often as practical. I'll take it to heart next week when I'm at Guadalupe Mountains NP.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Very sad and my condolences to those who knew him.

I'm guessing that because he left on Wednesday, November 5 and the first notices began showing up on Saturday, November 8, that he was expected to contact or return by then. I'm a little surprised that this didn't hit the media.

This is a stark reminder to leave detailed plans and check in as often as practical. I'll take it to heart next week when I'm at Guadalupe Mountains NP.

My name is Mitch. I was best friends with Jason, and was coordinating the AZ search effort. Appreciate all the help. For those curious, media was specifically asked not to join in because we didn't want his work impact to be destroyed by posting remarks about him being possibly suicidal, etc all over media, which can't ever be destroyed. He's been found, and as reported, the outcome was tragic. Really going to miss that guy. Thanks again for all of the efforts

20. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oppositemind View Post
    My name is Mitch. I was best friends with Jason, and was coordinating the AZ search effort. Appreciate all the help. For those curious, media was specifically asked not to join in because we didn't want his work impact to be destroyed by posting remarks about him being possibly suicidal, etc all over media, which can't ever be destroyed. He's been found, and as reported, the outcome was tragic. Really going to miss that guy. Thanks again for all of the efforts
    Thanks for the update Mitch. We are sorry for your loss as well as his family.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by oppositemind View Post
    I'm very sorry about the loss of your friend, Mitch. I know you tried very hard to find him.

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Thanks for the update Mitch. We are sorry for your loss as well as his family.

Thank you. Wish we could have met under better terms. Long live Jason Corneveux. Today is his son't 1's birthday