Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Italics issue on Bogley

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    I have received it. It is very heavy. (5mm suit). I have not even tried it on. Seems to be twice as heavy and bulky as the Hyperflex 4/3mm suits I am used to.

Tom

This doesn't sound good for canyoneering, being twice as heavy and bulky as Hyperflex 4/3, especially when you consider the often long approach hikes to some canyons, as well as the bulk issue (when not wearing, may take up too much space in canyon backpacks). Get back with us after giving it a spin in a canyon!

Why do all our posts end up in italics? Can SOMEBODY turn the italics off . . . it is easier to read straight text.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    Why do all our posts end up in italics? Can SOMEBODY turn the italics off . . . it is easier to read straight text.
    I noticed it a week ago too. Maybe @Sombeech or @accadacca can assist?
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    I noticed it a week ago too. Maybe @Sombeech or @accadacca can assist?
    Yeah I know it's pretty annoying. I'm trying to look for a common denominator in this problem, when it happens so I can research for some support. So for instance in this thread, it began on the 4th post. But looking at other thread it seems to appear in posts directly after a quoted post, 4th post is irrelevant.

I'll move this into a support thread so this topic can continue on it's course.

Thanks.

This is getting tricky, I was thinking it was any thread after a quoted post, but here are some threads that never turned to the italics dark side once a post was quoted:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...yoneering-Book

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...n-November-3rd

The plot thickens. So now I'll have to ask which browser was used at the time the post turned to italics

For my reference in this issue, only Bootboy's post was in italics down at the bottom of the first page, but it didn't start the issue after his post.
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...-Fiery-Furnace

This one started with italics on my post, and I didn't quote:
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...turns-15-today

Annoying to say the least. Does anybody know a web ninjs?

Blog Entries
    Seems like it went away for a bit, but now its back in another thread. Bruteforce caused it! lol

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...-Tolerant-Ones
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Seems like it went away for a bit, but now its back in another thread. Bruteforce caused it! lol

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...-Tolerant-Ones
    Hey now. I noticed it too. Didn't cause..
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    Hey now. I noticed it too. Didn't cause..
    Yea, that's the thing. It seems like no one is quite sure of why it's happening.

You were just the scapegoat. :P
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Italics issue on Bogley

Damn Gremlins...

The italics issue first showed up last time the website was reskinned.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The italics issue first showed up last time the website was reskinned.
    It happened during the server migration. The skin was changed quite a while before that. I'm still trying to figure it what is causing it.

We switched servers in July. We re skinned the site in Nov of last year... http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...Bogley-com-5-0!

Anyway...something weird happened during migration.

In looking at the HTML source code, some people have rogue (and unclosed) italic and bold HTML tags in their signatures. Here is the source code for rockgremlin's signature (even though a signature doesn't show up below his posts):

Name:  rg.PNG
Views: 676
Size:  8.2 KB

And here is ratagonia's sig:

Name:  t.PNG
Views: 631
Size:  6.9 KB

So probably during the server migration the codes somehow got inserted, but I'm not sure the best way to go about tracking them down and fixing them.
    Blog | FB

Disabling signatures might be the fastest/easiet solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Udink View Post
    In looking at the HTML source code, some people have rogue (and unclosed) italic and bold HTML tags in their signatures. Here is the source code for rockgremlin's signature (even though a signature doesn't show up below his posts):

Name:  rg.PNG
Views: 676
Size:  8.2 KB

And here is ratagonia's sig:

Name:  t.PNG
Views: 631
Size:  6.9 KB

So probably during the server migration the codes somehow got inserted, but I'm not sure the best way to go about tracking them down and fixing them.
    BINGO!!!!

I just went to a thread with the italic/bold problem, I noticed the problem occurred after a rockgremlin post so I used my mod powers and disabled his signature and the thread returned to normal.

I don't have the mod powers to disable everyones signature or correct the signature at the root level. I can only correct the signature in an individual post.

Edit: I've been playing with this and that is the issue. Someone with massive mod powers needs to go fix Ratagonia and Rockgremlins signatures. Those two are the only ones I've found to date that create the problem. Just fix those two and let's keep an eye out for others that cause a problem. If you see a problem it is the signature above the problem causing the issue.

FIXED!!!

I took this "____________________________________[B][I]" out of @ratagonia 's signature and it immediately fixed several threads that he was in with this issue.

Nice work @Udink. Hopefully we wont have to disable all signatures.

I was actually looking at this with one of my developers on Friday and she said it could be caused by a user. I kinda said nah...

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    FIXED!!!

I took this "____________________________________[B][I]" out of @ratagonia 's signature and it immediately fixed several threads that he was in with this issue.

Nice work @Udink. Hopefully we wont have to disable all signatures.

I was actually looking at this with one of my developers on Friday and she said it could be caused by a user. I kinda said nah...

Sorry man...

T

I removed @rockgremlin 's signature as well. It had the opened tags as well. It may have fubared those signatures during our migration to the new server.

Well I'll be diggity dogged. Nice work guys. I never did hear a damn thing back from support on this

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

21. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    By the way, now you guys know how to break bogley ha ha. So there are some settings we can place to not allow bbcode or html code in signatures, we might have to put that in place. I think links will still be ok though

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk