Thread: GoPro Time Lapse Photography

GoPro Time Lapse Photography

Took this while at a scout camp in Joe's Valley. Best viewd in Full Screen in HD

CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

2. Likes DiscGo liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very cool. Not bad night photography on that guy, the ease of setting it up must be nice. The new time lapse feature almost makes me want to go out and get one that can do it. I am still rocking the old Gopro Hero 1. For my time lapses I still rock the Canon DSLR and then a lot of post editing.

Also, your music made me go through all my old videos to find out which one I had used it on too. :)

Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit
    http://www.rmru.org/

Personal Website
    http://www.DrunkRedDragon.com/adventures.htm

5. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Adobe Premiere Elements?
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

Most likely, I couldn't remember if it was that or Incompetech.
    Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit
    http://www.rmru.org/

Personal Website
    http://www.DrunkRedDragon.com/adventures.htm

How much footage did you get? I have been trying to do Sunrises lately and I have been frustrated by the fact that with my GoPro3 I can only get about 30 minutes of recording or 40 minutes of time lapse photography.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Only about 300 pics. Not nearly long enough. I'm going to start using my goal zero battery pack to plug my gopro into so I can get a few more hours of pictures
    My YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    How much footage did you get? I have been trying to do Sunrises lately and I have been frustrated by the fact that with my GoPro3 I can only get about 30 minutes of recording or 40 minutes of time lapse photography.
    Only 40 min? What are your settings? On my 3+ Silver I did a time lapse with pictures every 10 seconds and got 4 hours on one battery and recording video my 16 gig card ran out of space at a little over 2 hours with still more battery to go.

sent from my S4 using tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skibum218 View Post
    Only 40 min? What are your settings? On my 3+ Silver I did a time lapse with pictures every 10 seconds and got 4 hours on one battery and recording video my 16 gig card ran out of space at a little over 2 hours with still more battery to go.

sent from my S4 using tapatalk
    I was using the night mode with a 30sec shutter speed. Not sure why the camera dies so fast. might have a little bit to do with the cold evenings though. but still, not sure it would capture 4 hours worth.
    My YouTube Channel

I'm still using a GoPro Hero 3+ Black, but am really interested in getting a Hero 4 because of the shutter control.

One product I highly recommend for timelapse is LimeFuel batteries for the GoPro cameras. I use the 5500mAh batteries and even though they weigh almost as much as the camera alone, boost my camera life to well over six hours.

I also use a portable egg-timer mount for panoramic timelapse. Weighs less than two ounces.

Here are a few of my latest timelapse vids from my trip in/around Yosemite in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'm still using a GoPro Hero 3+ Black, but am really interested in getting a Hero 4 because of the shutter control.

One product I highly recommend for timelapse is LimeFuel batteries for the GoPro cameras. I use the 5500mAh batteries and even though they weigh almost as much as the camera alone, boost my camera life to well over six hours.

I also use a portable egg-timer mount for panoramic timelapse. Weighs less than two ounces.

Here are a few of my latest timelapse vids from my trip in/around Yosemite in August.

Excellent! So is it the battery pack that you are using? I might have to look into that. I've got 6 batteries, and I've gotten used to carrying all of them with me, numbering each one with a sharpie to keep track of which ones I've used already, but it sure would be nice to just use 1 battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Excellent! So is it the battery pack that you are using? I might have to look into that. I've got 6 batteries, and I've gotten used to carrying all of them with me, numbering each one with a sharpie to keep track of which ones I've used already, but it sure would be nice to just use 1 battery.
    I'm using the Epic GoPro battery (model L55G3). It comes with its own back housing, which you have to use since the housing holds the battery firmly in place. I haven't tested the video life, but have taken over four hours of still pics (1 per sec, 14K photos) without the battery dying.

I still use GoPro batteries most of the time and, like you, have several on-hand. I'm considering using a battery adapter, like the Cam-Do battery eliminator, if I can rig up a convenient battery mount to my pack (or maybe even via my GoalZero).

15. Likes Sombeech liked this post