Thread: NSS News - Oct. 2014 - Canyon Caver' Edition

Blog Entries

NSS News - Oct. 2014 - Canyon Caver' Edition

If you are part of the super-elite, like myself , then you probably have multiple sports you enjoy!

If you are a caver than you most likely have seen the latest issue - "Oct. 2014 A Special Canyoning/Canyoneering Issue".

Unfortunately, no digital version exists (unless you are a paying member for $27/year for the printed, monthly periodical), but I'll include a picture of the front and back page, and the table-contents so you can see what's inside.

After reading it thoroughly, it's all about the crossover from caving into canyoneering. The author details quite a few crossovers from both sports, and concludes that it's about the exploration (and preservation) in the end.

As you flip through the pages, it contains numerous photographs from canyons from all over the world. One thing that I particularly liked, was that it wasn't Utah ONLY! In fact, they mention little about the Colorado-plateau, which was refreshing for a change!

Continuning on, there are few articles that mention the start of the C.A.C and it's movement, the graffitti cleanup in Eaton Canyon, Canyon photography, a full first-descent review of the Gloomy Gorge in New Zealand, and a small write-up about the descent of Nepal canyon (I forget it's name, sorry). It mentions that
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement