Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AC/DC is BACK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    How?

Phil Rudd isn't with the band anymore, Brian Johnson quit as per doctor's orders (hearing loss), and Malcolm is dead. Today's AC/DC is a mere fragment of what it was. It's currently a Guns n' Roses/ACDC hybrid, with Axl Rose at lead vocals.

I'm curious how this Frankenstein'ed version of AC/DC will sound...
    As long as Agnes is alive, the band is alive.

Hey Scott...does he still play with his backpack on?

Bon Scott in that video is young and ripped. How the heck a guy that looks so strong could drink himself dead in one night just baffles me.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

2. Likes accadacca liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

^^^ Evidently his liver wasn't as strong as his abs. Acute alcohol poisoning will take you down regardless of strength or stamina.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Hey Scott...does he still play with his backpack on?
    He still wears a schoolboy outfit, minus the backpack though.

AC/DC is BACK!!!

How?

Phil Rudd isn't with the band anymore, Brian Johnson quit as per doctor's orders (hearing loss), and Malcolm is dead. Today's AC/DC is a mere fragment of what it was. It's currently a Guns n' Roses/ACDC hybrid, with Axl Rose at lead vocals.

I'm curious how this Frankenstein'ed version of AC/DC will sound...
    Where have you been? Brian and Phil were spotted outside a recording studio last August. So minus Malcolm Young, it looks like it will be the same lineup as they had in 1980. They’ve got Stevie Young in Malcolm’s place and he has filled in for Malcolm a few times dating back to 1988.

https://loudwire.com/report-acdc-wor...brian-johnson/

It's interesting that they would be getting back together because Brian Johnson's hearing is all jacked up due to an incident at a race track several years ago. Didn't wear his ear plugs or something.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

It's interesting that they would be getting back together because Brian Johnson's hearing is all jacked up due to an incident at a race track several years ago. Didn't wear his ear plugs or something.
    Read the article above or google it. They got some new technology for his ears.

Expecting tour announcement possibly tomorrow

12. Likes Sombeech liked this post

15. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    I own probably 2000 albums and when I really like an artist, I'll usually collect their entire discography. Never did get into AC/DC. I remember when Back In Black came out...yeah, it was a good album but not really any different than anything they'd put out up to that point...their music all sounded the same to me. That can be said about a lot of bands, certainly...but this band was like the king of that to my ears.

There is one exception and it's the only AC/DC album I own...Powerage. That album sounds like they just put microphones in a room and the boys just cut loose. Very raw, live sound with outstanding guitar solos...the best he ever did, IMO.

I was painting the interior of a house a few years ago and the gal that lives there asked if I'd like to listen to music while I worked. "Well, of course" I said. "As long as it isn't Rap or "New Country" then we're good"...she played Back in Black, the whole album. Right after that, she played Def Leppard's Pyromania.

Those two albums sound EXACTLY ALIKE. Then I learned those albums were produced by the same guy...kind of a one trick pony with the multitrack vocal anthem sound.

I'm familiar with a lot of bands from the 70s that are a bit obscure but made outstanding music...lots to choose from. Along with that is the fact that a lot of very famous bands that formed in the early/mid 70s had their earliest albums as their best, IMO...the music is usually much more varied than the "formula" they locked into after getting famous. One band that is not obscure at all but their earliest albums are unfamiliar to most people is Judas Priest. If you're not familiar with it, listen to their album "Sad Wings Of Destiny"...it'll likely blow you away. Listen to it LOUD.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Legendary track...