Thread: Reporter says F*&% it on air, quits to fight for Marijuana Legalization

Reporter says F*&% it on air, quits to fight for Marijuana Legalization

Warning, 1 F bomb dropped.

Charlo Greene, a reporter for KTVA news in Anchorage, Alaska, quit her job by saying the f-word on air, claiming she'll instead focus on legalization of marijuana in Alaska.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yikes, I'm thinking if she kept her respectable job as a reporter, it might have given more validity to her cause.

Maybe she made a bad decision.

It's like she was..... high?

Quitting her reporting job shouldn't matter...early poll surveys done in AK have shown a majority favor MJ legalization, which should bode well for Charlo's job as owner of her cannabis club.

Watch out America, I predict Alaska as our Nation's #3 state to legalize, which should be followed closely by Oregon, California, Minnesota and New Mexico...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quitting her reporting job shouldn't matter...
    It's not that she quit her job, but the way that it was done that could matter in the future.

Quitting your job and saying "F___ it; I quit" on air during and during a live TV broadcast and then walking out on live TV does send a message. If I was an employer and saw that, I don't think I'd hire that person (even if I agreed with her viewpoint). That is a serious way to burn some bridges.

On the other hand, I guess it did give her pot business a lot of publicity though.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    On the other hand, I guess it did give her pot business a lot of publicity though.

I think that's exactly why she did it. No such thing as bad press.

One of my favs. [language]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When she had a prestigious job as a pot user, it adds something to her cause. But she said F it, quit, and it didn't help her cause at all. Folks will use that as an excuse to say "see what pot does to you? "

It's good to think things through sometimes, but this is difficult with Marijuana i hear.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If anything it just gave her cause publicity. Nobody cares about MJ anymore. It no longer has the negative stigma it once had. CO and WA both legalized it fully and they haven't fallen off the map. Oregon, D.C., and Alaska all had ballot initiatives to fully legalize November of this year, and with the momentum the movement has, I can't see any reason why they wouldn't pass.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    If anything it just gave her cause publicity. Nobody cares about MJ anymore. It no longer has the negative stigma it once had. CO and WA both legalized it fully and they haven't fallen off the map. Oregon, D.C., and Alaska all had ballot initiatives to fully legalize November of this year, and with the momentum the movement has, I can't see any reason why they wouldn't pass.
    Believe me, there's still plenty of opposition out there.

Personal experience? (Snicker, snicker)

About the only person I can think of that is actively opposed to it is my mom. Hell even my dad is indifferent.

12. Likes Byron liked this post
    Yeah it's much of the older generation that's still against it, and they are the majority voters in a lot of areas still.

It's not just a religion thing either, nor conservative, or more of the country would legalize it.

You have to acknowledge the fact that there really isn't the largest amount of study on long term effects of marijuana, because it was very difficult to get such open admittance to usage before it was legalized. To say that marijuana causes no ill effect on the body is a little premature, and I think a lot of people are just waiting it out to see how legal use can effect the body and mind in the long run before they rush to legalize it because it's cool.

The short term effects have proven to be pretty low, but you have to admit the science just isn't there yet to prove long term effects of the drug. Sure it's not going to cause lung cancer at the rate of tobacco cigarettes, but how long were they popular before cancer started to get directly tied to them?

Harmful or not, these are the answers a lot of people will need before they cave to peer pressure in legalizing it.

And in my opinion? Legalize it. It gives a non user like myself a more competitive edge in the job market.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    And in my opinion? Legalize it. It gives a non user like myself a more competitive edge in the job market.
    THAT'S FUNNY!!!

On the first day it became legal here in Colorado, I was there. You wanna know who else was there? A bunch of stoners!!! I looked around the crowd and they were all potheads, the same people that hung out in the smoking area in high school.

Actually, there were a few who looked rather daper, but it was hardly a bunch of business men and soccer moms. Funny thing is, those are some of the people who voted to legalize it. I agree with Rockgremlin...it's a tide, man.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Watch out America, I predict Alaska as our Nation's #3 state to legalize, which should be followed closely by Oregon, California, Minnesota and New Mexico...
    If memory serves, (limited) weed was legal in AK for many years, well into the 90s (?). Probably one of the last states to criminalize it. Tide goes in...tide goes out....