Thread: Trip ReportLost Rope near Sundance Canyon, AZ

Trip ReportLost Rope near Sundance Canyon, AZ

Lost Rope near Sundance Canyon (West Clear Creek area), Arizona.

We were forced to abandon our rope (200' Sterling Canyontech Rope) and 200' green pull cord (basic 6mm accessory cord). If anyone is running this canyon and releases these ropes, if you would please contact me, I would be greatly indebted to you! setheurer@gmail.com

Yesterday we had a fantastic, beautiful day canyoneering in Northern Arizona. We ran Bear Canyon and then Sundance Canyon (near West Clear Creek) without troubles. Because of recent storms, we could jump all of the rappels in Bear canyon except for the first, which is into somewhat of a narrower area. Sundance was beautiful and cold, but the swimming sections felt fine in a wetsuit. The water level was lower than we expected after recent storms, but there were still 3-4 good swimming sections.

...Until the end. None of us have ever had to leave a rope. I tossed the pull cord before going down last, and could not see anything concerning as far as rope sticking goes. The pull cord was a clean toss, but when we went to pull the rope, it was VERY stuck. There was some minor twisting beneath me on my way down (last), but nothing you would think to stick a rope. As we were descending the last rappel, the blue sky had clouds roll in and began to POUR!

Name:  10428050_10101601273337369_884997812234075819_n.jpg
Views: 1137
Size:  73.4 KB

We found higher ground and waited for a while, and decided that it was not a danger to hike out, but it was not letting up and we could not ascend the rope to fix the problem and free it. We became concerned about the dirt road out, and, after a few more tries, had to leave the ropes and hike out. Back in Phoenix now and hoping to catch someone running the canyon in the next few days.
    :( Thank you for any possible help!
    Last edited by GingerGirl; 09-14-2014 at 03:45 PM. Reason: typo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement