Are these the files I'm trying to open?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries

New Moab Canyoneering Book

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    Are these the files I'm trying to open?
    That's part1.

Part two is to download locklizard, which was included in that email. Once it's downloaded, install it, and open the program and have it open that license file (which was in your email).

Part 3 is to go here - http://sharpendbooks.homestead.com/digitalmedia.html and download the book.

Sure anyone can download the book but it's not going to work without that license file which was in your email.

That will be $100 for my I.T. fee. I take cash...or.....a years worth of chevron gas ;) ;) ;) ;)
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

I had to download the book to my computer and then email it to myself because the mobile version of sharp end wouldn't let me download it. I'm not sure what's in the zip file as I never received one of those.

Tap'n on my smart phone.

I got it to work. Send me a bill.:)

Has anyone heard if hard copies of this book are available yet? The thread mentions that it ships in mid-October...
    Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by taatmk View Post
    Has anyone heard if hard copies of this book are available yet? The thread mentions that it ships in mid-October...
    I just got an update today from Sharp End Publishing, changing the book status to shipped! Maybe in the next day or two.

Hopefully you fellas' books have been shipped as well.
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    I just got an update today from Sharp End Publishing, changing the book status to shipped!
    Ditto

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    I am waiting for my shipment to show up... any day now!

Tom

Just got an update from Sharp End. There was a significant printing problem with the first batch, so they rejected them, and it will be a bit more time before the first printed copies will be available.

Tom

Don't hold your breath. According to the web site, the print books are supposed to ship on or before November 8, 2014:

http://stores.sharpendbooks.com/moab...-pre-purchase/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Just got an update from Sharp End. There was a significant printing problem with the first batch, so they rejected them, and it will be a bit more time before the first printed copies will be available.

Tom
    Hmm...I didn't get that email. Perhaps my copy made it through??? *crossing fingers*
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

I got mine today. :-)

I got a book in the mail yesterday. Noticed an error pool arch is 170' not 130' for rap one just a heads up. That was just thumbing though it, haven't sat down to read it yet.....

Despite some printing issues, everyone who per-ordered a book should have received their copy. With that in mind, I gave up my initial copy to fulfill those orders; I am still waiting on mine. Hopefully the book looks good!

Granted not everything is 100% perfect ( I don't think any guide book is), I think overall there should be few errors. The beta was checked by locals and tested by friends. With high certainty, I'm sure that rappel in Pool Arch is not 170 feet.
    Last edited by Furthermore; 10-25-2014 at 09:39 PM. Reason: grammar

This exact drop was discussed in a thread in March of 2013, when there was an accident there. http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...l=1#post530353 Its the 11th reply on the 2nd page.

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Hmm...I didn't get that email. Perhaps my copy made it through??? *crossing fingers*
    I am a dealer, and explicitly asked when I could expect a shipment.

I did get one of the 'bad' copies, since that is how they bill me for my internal advertisement... looks great.

Tom

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    I am a dealer, and explicitly asked when I could expect a shipment.

I did get one of the 'bad' copies, since that is how they bill me for my internal advertisement... looks great.

Tom
    Gotcha.

Well, it positive news - my copy arrived on Saturday. The presentation is nice.

The rappel diagrams are a bit different than what I'm use to (although I guess there is no standard for canyon profiles - and anything is better than Kelsey's diagrams) although that's not a bad thing...
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

For rappel diagrams, I prefer what Mike Dallin did in Ouray Canyoning -- a "stair" drawing w/ canyon topo legend. One "picture" (read drawing) is worth many words -- it is often needed to keep from getting lost when reading a detailed description.