Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Moab Canyoneering Book

New Moab Canyoneering Book

For those who are interested, the new Moab Canyoneering book is now available for per-purchase.

http://stores.sharpendbooks.com/moab...-pre-purchase/

Name:  Cover.jpg
Views: 2148
Size:  233.5 KB

Surrounded by stunning landscapes, national parks and amazing scenery, Moab offers rich, rewarding opportunities for canyoneers of all skill levels. From easy half days outings to full day excursions, there are plenty of options for anyone who wishes to seek some Moab gorging adventure.

Includes:
    23 technical canyons around Moab
    Comprehensive driving directions to trailheads
    Full color topographical maps
    Rappel profiles and anchors options
    Detailed, first-hand route descriptions
    Key GPS waypoints to help aid in navigation
    Equipment recommendations for each canyon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It would be a nice addition if a table of content was viewable before purchase. I think that would provide a better understanding of what the book contains and help with sales. I'm looking forward to seeing if the book offers new routes or just another rehash of the old familiar stuff.

4. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Furthermore: one assumes you are known to said "Derek A. Wolfe" in some capacity?

It would be fair to the masses herein to know exactly of your relationship with the author or publisher, this being your first post 'n' all.

Said the raven: "Nevermore".

I am indeed the author.

As requested, here are the canyons included in the book. Some of the canyons are new including my personal favorite in the Moab area, SGR Slot.

Repeater Jr. Canyon
    Winter Warmer Canyon
    MMI Canyon
    Lost and Found Canyon
    Elephant Butte
    Dragonfly Canyon
    Big Horn Canyon
    U-Turn Canyon
    Not Tierdrop Canyon
    Tierdrop Canyon
    Cameltoe Canyon
    Pool Arch Canyon
    Moonflower Canyon
    Sunseed Canyon
    Upper Granary Canyon
    Lower Granary Canyon
    Full Granary Canyon
    Medieval Chamber
    Fins & Things Canyon
    Professor Creek Canyon
    Onion Creek Canyon
    Entrajo Canyon
    SGR Slot
    Pleiades Canyon

7. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Furthermore View Post
    I am indeed the author.

As requested, here are the canyons included in the book. Some of the canyons are new including my personal favorite in the Moab area, SGR Slot.

Repeater Jr. Canyon
    Winter Warmer Canyon
    MMI Canyon
    Lost and Found Canyon
    Elephant Butte
    Dragonfly Canyon
    Big Horn Canyon
    U-Turn Canyon
    Not Tierdrop Canyon
    Tierdrop Canyon
    Cameltoe Canyon
    Pool Arch Canyon
    Moonflower Canyon
    Sunseed Canyon
    Upper Granary Canyon
    Lower Granary Canyon
    Full Granary Canyon
    Medieval Chamber
    Fins & Things Canyon
    Professor Creek Canyon
    Onion Creek Canyon
    Entrajo Canyon
    SGR Slot
    Pleiades Canyon
    Looks like a good list!

Is there a bookstore in Moab that I could pick this up (haven't checked the website?) Or is it online only purchase?
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

I'll buy your book just because you're a Crim fan.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

So I bought this book last week. The hard copy of the book is to ship sometime in October, but I was supposed to receive an electronic copy of the book within 48 hours. To date I have not received my electronic copy, I have asked others who ordered the book and none of them have received their electronic copy of the book. I tried to contact Sharp End Publishing to see what the deal was and there is no email address on their webpage.

So far I am NOT impressed.... I hope the route information is a lot better and more accurate than their delivery and customer service.

11. Likes deagol liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    So I bought this book last week. The hard copy of the book is to ship sometime in October, but I was supposed to receive an electronic copy of the book within 48 hours. To date I have not received my electronic copy, I have asked others who ordered the book and none of them have received their electronic copy of the book. I tried to contact Sharp End Publishing to see what the deal was and there is no email address on their webpage.

So far I am NOT impressed.... I hope the route information is a lot better and more accurate than their delivery and customer service.

I received a follow up email from sharp the day after the purchase.

Looking forward to trying out SRG this coming October! The maps and presentation look great! Well organized.

The digital copy is actually available right now from sharps website, but you need the key from purchase (in the email) to unlock the files.
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

are the new regulations for Arches in there?

Shane – I looked into the issue and I apologize for any inconvenience you had on not receiving your digital copy. You (or anyone else having problems) can e-mail Fred directly at fred@sharpendbooks.com for a license. Apparently the LockLizard e-mail licenses frequently end up in the SPAM folder. Please let me know if you continue to have trouble.

Deagol – Of course the new Arches regulations are in the book. They were reviewed by the park as recent as August 2014.

Byron – Although ITCOTK isn't my favorite, I personally prefer Red - too bad the cover isn't as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Furthermore View Post
    Deagol – Of course the new Arches regulations are in the book. They were reviewed by the park as recent as August 2014.

That's good. Interesting that they actually reveiw the book. Sounds like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    I received a follow up email from sharp the day after the purchase.

Looking forward to trying out SRG this coming October! The maps and presentation look great! Well organized.

The digital copy is actually available right now from sharps website, but you need the key from purchase (in the email) to unlock the files.
    I received a confirmation email after my purchase, but there was no key in it to unlock the electronic copy.

I just emailed Fred at the email address supplied, let's see how that goes. The email never showed up in my spam folder and I have several friends that also ordered the book and none of them received the electronic copy. So far Jman, you are the only one I know who received the electronic copy.

Blog Entries

New Moab Canyoneering Book

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I received a confirmation email after my purchase, but there was no key in it to unlock the electronic copy.
    Interesting. My email had two attachments a .zip file and .llv file.

The .llv file is all that you need to unlock the file.

If not, then email the guy that Furthermore posted above.

Edit: just read what you changed above. Well hopefully Dan can get back to you quick.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Loving the book! Can only read it on my phone, however. When I went to open the file on my PC It wouldn't let me....
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

I did not even receive an email? Has been 2 weeks? Who was the email from? Maybe I missed it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    I did not even receive an email? Has been 2 weeks? Who was the email from? Maybe I missed it.

Mark this is what I have.

the Name on the email is "orders" and the subject line is "Viewing Protected PDF Files". The email address was: orders@sharpendbooks.com

And in the file there were two attachments: "my full name.llv" and "my full name.zip"

Hope that helps.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Ok I got a confirmation email but nothing with any attachments? I'll email them.

I finally received my electronic copy after I emailed Fred at Sharp End. His email address is in one of the posts above.

Tap'n on my smart phone.

I also got the email. I have loaded the lock lizard program? But can't open the files? This is a pain in the ass. They say nothing to view. Has anyone received a hard copy yet?
    Mark

Locklizzard is a PITA, you have to load everything in the right order. I had to email everything to myself on my phone and open it that way to get it to load. The book is supposed to ship mid October.

Tap'n on my smart phone.