Thread: Never Forget

Never Forget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes DiscGo liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    A know-it-all co-worker of mine still insists that 911 was carried out by the federal government...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Yeah and we never went to the moon either right?

8. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Because of the Patriot Act and other government overreaches like militarization of the police, TSA Rapescans, etc. etc., much of which was precipitated by 9/11, I'd love to forget the day. The scouts on our block put up flags in everyone's yard like it's some kind of holiday. Give me the day off from work and I'll change my tune.
    Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skint?

10. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    I still remember what i was doing when i heard the news

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last night's BYU football game. I was a white card under the "E" in 'never'....yeah, that one right there....

Life is Good

All the players from both teams were holding the flag next to military people. Very cool. Both coaches mentioned in post game that it was a great experience for the players. It was great for us as fans.

Life is Good

14. Likes Byron liked this post
    Why do people treat this like such a holiday? Don't we have Memorial Day for this? I suppose it's on par with Pearl Harbor Day, but in my opinion the govt used it as a lever to increase its stranglehold on more and more aspects of our lives. I don't see such a direct correlation with Pearl Harbor.
    Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skint?

16. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Dance View Post
    Because of the Patriot Act and other government overreaches like militarization of the police, TSA Rapescans, etc. etc., much of which was precipitated by 9/11, I'd love to forget the day. The scouts on our block put up flags in everyone's yard like it's some kind of holiday.
    I 100% agree.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

To me, "Never Forget" sounds an awful lot like "Never Let Your Life Go Back to Normal", or "Never Stop Being Afraid." I'm not discounting the huge human toll of the day. However, if I'm ever killed in a terror attack, I want you guys left behind to clean it up and go back about your business.

That would be the right way to honor my memory and to show the terrorists that their actions are meaningless. When you rip up the very fabric of society, increase fear, reduce liberties, and then hold annual ceremonies that honor the day forever, in my opinion you are acting out the exact scenario that the terrorists were trying to produce.

Also, "Never Forget" is a bit trite and condescending. How could I possibly forget? Has anyone forgotten?

It is hard to forget when the bombs are still falling 13 years later. They are exploding right now in Syria. People are still dying because of 9/11. Do you really think anyone could forget even if they wanted to?