Thread: Canyoneering in a Rain Forest!

Canyoneering in a Rain Forest!

WHAT A WATERPARK! When we arrived at the head of Lower Emerald Canyon, all we could think about was: "If there is a Lower Emerald, how do we get to Upper Emerald?" We found lots of water and waterfalls. This was our first canyon for this trip, and we got SPOILED!

Lower Emerald Canyon is one of the few canyons in Maui that doesn't completely get siphoned by the water district. This being the case, the canyon is full and there are lots of opportunities to jump and swim. Actually, I think this canyon can almost be descended without the need for ropes! I wouldn't risk it though. some of the jumps are kinda "hairy."

Daniel and I had a blast in this canyon, we even relearned how to do backflips again. Super Fun! He and I also enjoyed getting creative as we use a Fiddlestick to anchor off natural features. I love that tool more and more.

Seeing places like Lower Emerald Canyon are such a special treat. I feel like I get to see the secret parts of the world, even the secret parts of Maui. Millions of tourists drive the Road to Hana. Agreed, it is a very beautiful drive, But I am truly thrilled to being one of the few people in this world to spend a few days in this canyons of this amazing rain forest. If you ever wanna go canyoneering here, the Maui Canyon team is awesome!
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Wow, as in Quintuple Wow! Love the music too. And the backflips. And...

T

4. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Ahh..Maui. The one touristy Hawaiian island I have yet to visit..

Looks great! Great pics like always Blake. Fun video.

Thanks for sharing!
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

6. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Thanks guys! It was some great days in the canyon. Learning how to backflip again was interesting too! Definitely a lot of fun!
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

WOW awesome video.

9. Likes Kuya liked this post
    wasn't there some sort of microbe in the fresh water in hawaii that got into peoples bodies and caused some problems recently ??

11. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Amazing! Heading out there next week, this is motivation. Thanks!

13. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dude9478 View Post
    Amazing! Heading out there next week, this is motivation. Thanks!
    Have fun. Wish i was back in Maui! :)
    My YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by deagol View Post
    wasn't there some sort of microbe in the fresh water in hawaii that got into peoples bodies and caused some problems recently ??
    Leptospirosis? There's been a few cases of that on the Islands in the last few years