Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former BYU quarterback who

Former BYU quarterback who

GILBERT, Ariz. – A former BYU quarterback who “hates Utah” and had a brief stint with the Arizona Cardinals has been arrested for alleged shoplifting and cocaine possession.

Courtesy Gilbert Police Dept.

According to azcentral.com, Max Hall was arrested Friday after authorities found him with “several stolen items from Best Buy and a nearby Walmart.”

Police said they found a “personal use quantity of cocaine” on Hall.

Hall was released after being arrested on suspicion of shoplifting and narcotics possession.

Hall is previously famous for lashing out against Utah fans after BYU beat the Utes 26-23 in 2009.

Hall said:
    I don’t like Utah; in fact, I hate them. I hate everything about them. I hate their program, their fans, I hate everything. It felt really good to send those guys home. I think the whole university and their fans and the organization is classless. They threw beer on my family and stuff last year and did a whole bunch of nasty things. I don’t respect them and they deserve to lose.

Hall later apologized for his statements.

AZ Central reported Hall initially went to Arizona State University but never played.

After serving on a mission, he transferred to Brigham Young University.

The report states he has most recently worked at Gilbert High’s offensive coordinator.

MORE: See more on this story from azcentral.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

[QUOTE=accadacca;561266]GILBERT, Ariz. – A former BYU quarterback who “hates Utah” and had a brief stint with the Arizona Cardinals has been arrested for alleged shoplifting and cocaine possession.

Courtesy Gilbert Police Dept.

Nothing exudes class like wearing your BYU Athletics shirt for your mug shot....

5. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    WOW - just imagine if bogley had a sports section where you could post this shit .... oh wait....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

7. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Hey man, this is mainstream news!

Police also found a "personal-use quantity of cocaine," Sanger said. Included in the backpack were two hypodermic needles, a metal spoon, and a lighter, according to the police report. The report added that Hall admitted to drug use.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=313...s_cid=topstory

Hall then acknowledged to police he had stolen some of the items at Walmart, according to the report. The arresting officer wrote that he made another discovery inside the backpack. "I located a clear, plastic bag that contained (2) hypodermic needles, a metal spoon, a lighter and a white plastic pill bottle," the report said. Hall told police the white powder was cocaine, and a field test further confirmed the substance was an illegal narcotic, according to the police report. Hall told the officer he had last used cocaine that morning and said he injected it near his elbow.
    http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...abrk/14981439/

Shopping... err... I mean shoplifting at Wal-Mart? And Hall had the balls to say Utah fans are low class? LMAO

Mainlining cocaine? Now that's hardcore as you have no clue what it was cut with. Talk about a fun game of Russian roulette.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

12. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    It's sad to see any former college sports player fall this low. Even if Hall hates me.... stealing from Walmart and cocaine in the elbow, that's just sad.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

14. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Mainlining cocaine? Now that's hardcore as you have no clue what it was cut with. Talk about a fun game of Russian roulette.

That's no $hit! At first I thought they meant Heroin when they mentioned the spoon and the needles. But shooting blow?!! Wow! Sounds like he's in pretty deep.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

16. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    I was kinda bummed last night and I couldn't sleep thinking about this. Just a sad deal for him. Still shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I was kinda bummed last night and I couldn't sleep thinking about this. Just a sad deal for him. Still shocked.
    I also feel really bad for the dude. If he had a reason to indulge in drugs before, he must be really broken now. Welcome to rock bottom, kiddo. I sincerely hope you can pull out of it, cuz it's a long uphill slog from here.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I was also really disturbed by this. It is hard to believe people can fall so hard, and so quickly.

At the very least multiple people on this site have proved him wrong about Utah Fans being classless.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

20. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    At the very least multiple people on this site have proved him wrong about Utah Fans being classless.
    Good to know you're not talking about me. I hope to prove Max "head case" Hall (tm) correct on all counts. All I can say is when he dies they better bury him wearing goggle's and a rain coat because I plan to piss on his grave.

Tap'n on my smart phone.

Seriously? You can find pretty much the same "I hate BYU and their fans" quotes from the likes of Alex Smith, Eric Weddle, Morgan Scalley, Paul Kruger and other famous ex-Utah athletes. To quote Denzel Washington's character in the film, "Glory", "Yeah, It stinks bad. And we all covered up in it too. Ain't nobody clean."
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Seriously? You can find pretty much the same "I hate BYU and their fans" quotes from the likes of Alex Smith, Eric Weddle, Morgan Scalley, Paul Kruger and other famous ex-Utah athletes.
    I don't think so, I can't think of anyone else who as issued such a venomous statement as Hall did. Hall was reprimanded by the MWC for his comments and forced to issue an apology, that was a first.

The next closest thing I can think of is in 1993 when BYU's Lenny Gomes offered up one of the most infamous quotes in the history of the BYU vs. Utah rivalry. Speaking of the Utes, Gomes declared, “All those guys think that’s all there is to life. But when I’m making $50-60,000 a year, they’ll be pumping my gas. They’re low class losers.”

Here is Max Hall's rant....

I didn't say what Hall said wasn't classless, it totally was. I'm just saying everyone's said it about the 'other' team/fans/university. If you've said it as a fan, then you're just as at fault. Your statement, from above, about pissing on his grave shows a perpetuation of that same classlessness and doesn't do the image of your university any good.
    Are we there yet?

Lots of players and fans have said stupid things, but not to the magnitude of Hall's rant. It took things to a new level.

26. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    I think many, both red and blue, have said much worse. Max Hall just had a microphone and a camera.
    Life is Good

28. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Your statement, from above, about pissing on his grave shows a perpetuation of that same classlessness and doesn't do the image of your university any good.
    Big difference.... I don't represent my university. I have no allegiance as I paid my tuition. It's like buying a Chevy, just cause I drive one doesn't mean I have to say nice things about them.

Now if a University wants to pay me or provide scholarships to my kids you will see nothing but good things come from my mouth and rainbows shoot from my ass.

Heck... you should hear some of my old racing sound bites.... "well yes mr tv commentator, the Pennzoil, Edge Chevrolet was running great today, we had a front running car and it's just a shame we are out of the race. We think it's a fuel delivery problem".

While out of ear shot my crew chief is laughing his ass off a my brilliant sponsor plug because the fuel delivery problem was the result of the rod coming out of the side of the block and knocking the fuel pump off the piece of shit engine Chevy sent us.

Tap'n on my smart phone.