Thread: Imlay Sneak August 16, 2014

Imlay Sneak August 16, 2014

[COLOR=#141414][FONT=Tahoma]Well, what I planned to do was Eye of the Needle, Englestead, and Kolob this past weekend. Then I ran into a couple of guys (OK, it was online) who were planning on doing Imlay Saturday, August 16: Brian and Derrick. I can

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice report. My favorite part was that you stayed at the Desert Pearl, which is our favorite in Springdale. Imlay is still my favorite of all canyons. Gotta get back there before it snows.

It is hard to have a bad day when it starts and ends at the Desert Pearl for sure.

5. Likes ratagonia, Taylor liked this post
    Nice report Dr Snapper! Excellent photos, as per usual.

We are heading through Imlay in a few days... What thickness were your wetsuits? Did anyone get cold?
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    Nice report Dr Snapper! Excellent photos, as per usual.

We are heading through Imlay in a few days... What thickness were your wetsuits? Did anyone get cold?
    Derrick and Brian were in 4/3 wetsuits. They claimed to be toasty. I was in a 5 mm wetsuit. Mostly I was comfortable until the end of the last set of narrows. I put on the wool watch cap and could have used another 1 mm of neo. Mostly I think I was just dehydrated and under calories. Once I got in to the narrows, got out of the wetsuit, hydrated, and ate, I perked up. I think we did the hike out of the narrows in about 1.5 hours. Those boys were on a mission.

Ken

8. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    My son and I both wore 4/3 on our trip a few weeks ago and it was plenty. That is always a loaded questions though, because everyone's tolerance to water varies a lot.

We did das boot in April snow runoff and I was chilly in my 7mm while a friend wore his shorty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk