Thread: Arches online permit

Arches online permit

Arches NP updated the canyoneering info page and the online permit system is live.

http://www.nps.gov/arch/planyourvisit/canyoneer.htm

https://archespermits.nps.gov/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks for the heads up!

From the website, it appears that Elephant Butte also requires a permit.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Big Horn
    Dragonfly
    Elephant Butte
    Teirdrop
    Not Teirdrop
    U-Turn
    Undercover
    MMI

All require permits.

ALSO... note there is a place for "other", where you supply the info. So my take is you need a permit to canyoneer or climb anywhere inside the park.

YMMV

So my take is you need a permit to canyoneer or climb anywhere inside the park.
    Other than Elephant Butte, it seems that canyoneers, rather than climbers are supposed to get a permit. At least that's how I read it. I think if climbers were required, they would also list the really popular climbs in the park as well, i.e. Owl Rock, Bullwinkle, Dark Angel, etc. (?)
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Other than Elephant Butte, it seems that canyoneers, rather than climbers are supposed to get a permit. At least that's how I read it. I think if climbers were required, they would also list the really popular climbs in the park as well, i.e. Owl Rock, Bullwinkle, Dark Angel, etc. (?)
    Click on the "Climbing" option and follow it through... you are supposed to list your climb, it doesn't say anything about excluding named or popular climbs. I'm guessing there are far to many climbs to list them all so they made the form a fill in the blank deal.