Thread: 21st Anniversary Today!

21st Anniversary Today!

(For those that don't like this kind of post, please forgive me. It's personal, I know, but I just wanted to share some happy news).

As of today, we’ve been married 21 years now.

There have been some really happy times. Spending much time together, becoming parents, wearing out the bed springs, being there for each other, getting to spoil her with breakfasts in bed+flowers+back/foot rubs, going out, and doing things together as a family have all been wonderful and are something I will always treasure.

There have been some sad times. Taking a long time to conceive, losing a child, finding out about heart problems, and many of the normal life pains were part of our marriage too.

There have been some challenging times.Getting married as a teenager, starting out with almost nothing, having some parents opposed to our marriage, losing a lot when getting hit by a non-insured motorist, working full time graveyards while going to school during the day while Kim was working two jobs, coming from two completely different social and economic backgrounds, having the house flood and losing everything inside,strained relations with some of the in-laws, layoffs, and 117 hour workweeks were part of the marriage too.

There have been some real adventures. Getting attacked by army ants in the Amazon, having our tent surround by a herd of hippos in Kenya, crossing the Himalayas on foot while Kim was five months pregnant, trekking across Sumatra with the kids while looking for orangutans, and traveling extensively on six continents, from Alaska down through most of South America, from the Pacific Islands, to the Himalayas, to Australia and New Zealand; it’s all been an experience.

Looking back and throughout it all, I’m sure glad that I got to share all this with someone as special as my wife.It has been one heck of a ride. I have been blessed and lucky to have her by my side. Here’s to another several decades of life with the woman I will always love.

Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Congrats... and well said!

4. Likes Scott P liked this post
    Congrats. I have my 21st anniversary this year also, but you are way nicer than I am. I don't let my wife read any of your posts.

6. Likes jman, Scott P liked this post
    Scott, I just want to thank you for being such a great example of the respect and love our spouses deserve.

Goes right along with a lesson I had yesterday.

8. Likes DiscGo, Scott P, Eric Holden liked this post
    Congrats Scott! That is awesome.

10. Likes Scott P liked this post
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Congrats! Seems marriage is disposable these days. Almost none of our friends are still married.

Great accomplishment!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

12. Likes Scott P liked this post
    Congrats.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

14. Likes Scott P liked this post
    Quite an achievement Scott. Your story is inspiring. Thank you for casting your pearls before the other swine on this forum...*oink, oink*
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

16. Likes Scott P liked this post
    Thanks for making me strive to be a better husband :)
    Riverside Mountain Rescue Unit
    http://www.rmru.org/

Personal Website
    http://www.DrunkRedDragon.com/adventures.htm

18. Likes Scott P liked this post