Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bogley Fantasy Football 2014

It looks like they took an 11 yard reception away from Jeremy Maclian and that cost me 1.55 points and the win.

I never would have noticed this if it wasn't the difference between winning and losing. Leading our league or sitting fourth.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Powderpuffs has won the last two weeks by less than a point.... that is crazy...

***ahem***

Who was the dumbass that dropped Tom Brady into the waivers?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Christian dropped Brady, I then picked him up but I don't need a QB. The one I have puts up more fantasy points then Brady. And I needed to clear a spot to cover a bye week. So Brady went back into the pond because he was going to spend the year on my bench. My only regret is I should have tried to make a trade, but trades are not real popular in our league.

Tap'n on my smart phone.

Maybe we should rename our league the PAC 12, because after this weekend about half the league will be 4-3 and everyone keeps beating up on each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Christian dropped Brady, I then picked him up but I don't need a QB. The one I have puts up more fantasy points then Brady. And I needed to clear a spot to cover a bye week. So Brady went back into the pond because he was going to spend the year on my bench. My only regret is I should have tried to make a trade, but trades are not real popular in our league.

Tap'n on my smart phone.
    I drafted him but he was underperforming and after that week 4 game I didn't have the patience to wait him out. I figured I had nothing to lose since I was already 1-5 and in last place. Then he went and put up 20+ point after Ice picked him up, but I figured Ice was picking him up in anticipation of Breese's bye week. So I kept an eye out for him to be dropped since my backup was underperforming as well. Luckily I was able to get him back.

Now I've lost Chad Johnson, Rashad Jennings, Pierre Thomas, and Fred Jackson. What a year for injuries!

Rex actually offered me a trade last week, Aaron Rodgers for Fred Jackson. I declined since I figured Tom Brady was on the mend and the ONLY RB i had that put up points was Jackson. Now Jackson is out for 4-6 weeks and will only be back for the last two games of our season. Bummer. Fantasy for me sucks this year. At least in my work league (the $ league) i'm in third with a stacked team.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I'm curious why the Google ads on this page are for Atlantis all-gay cruises?

I don't see them. I use Firefox and have Ghostery installed. Blocks all of that. One of the best things I've ever done on a computer!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I just need Dez Bryant to score 68 points on MNF and I win!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I just need Dez Bryant to score 68 points on MNF and I win!
    Good luck...
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Gawd my team sux the big one. I have a team full of has beens that would've been great on a fantasy team 3 years ago...now they're relegated to 2nd or 3rd string based on their performance.

At the beginning of the season I was cheering after the draft cuz I had a team full of all-stars. Now it's all I can do to break 80 points.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Gawd my team sux the big one. I have a team full of has beens that would've been great on a fantasy team 3 years ago...now they're relegated to 2nd or 3rd string based on their performance.

At the beginning of the season I was cheering after the draft cuz I had a team full of all-stars. Now it's all I can do to break 80 points.
    Tell me about it. This might be my last year in the Bogley FF! Can't handle the downfall. At least this week I climbed out of 10th to 8th. WHOO HOO!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Nerds are not welcome in this league next year!!!

I just wanted to make a note so we don't forget he doesn't bother to manage his team.

Nerds are not welcome in this league next year!!!

I just wanted to make a note so we don't forget he doesn't bother to manage his team.
    Agreed, He's not managing his team. He started this last year at the end of the season but he accepted the invite this year so quickly I figured maybe it was just a bad year last year. Now we know and we'll cut him next season.

He plays Scott this week so maybe I'll choose this week to start adjusting his roster...
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Yeah right, you should lock his roster. Otherwise it's not fair for everyone...

The sad part is that was a good team at the first of the year and is where I received one of my losses.

I suggest the entire team is benched and locked... or we bring someone in to manage it which would be my choice. I could easily find someone to manage the team. and I play Nerds again in week 11 just so you know I'm not favoring the easy exit for myself.

He's started players with a bye 5 out of 9 weeks.

Maybe just leave the team alone... it is what it is.... doing anything is going to be unfair to someone.

Maybe just leave the team alone... it is what it is.... doing anything is going to be unfair to someone.
    His only two wins are against Ice and Powder. That's funny as f*ck! There are lots of options, I can edit the points scored and his lineup for any week. We can just leave it as it is and let it be, or we could go back and essentially make it so everyone that has played him gets a win. Wouldn't effect the standings, so I see no real advantage to doing that. Moving forward its complicated since there are 5 teams that play him twice and right now he's played every team at least once.

He's got players on bye's the next two weeks against Scott and Shane, but is back to a full lineup for CP Rats, Clean Pinch, and Justin. Perhaps for those final three weeks I'll bench who ever was on a bye in week 11 and leave those players benched for the final three weeks so at least the final three games have the same benefit as weeks 10 & 11. The only problem is It sucks for those of us who don't get to play him again this season, especially for the top 4-5 teams since Ice and Scott would get an easy win but Powder and Dojo wouldn't play him again.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

The more I think about this the more I think we should do nothing and just consider it the luck of the draw. Any manipulation helps some and hurts others while also removing the luck factor, which is the only thing even remotely fair about the situation.

If we decide to manipulate his team then my vote is to bench all his players for the entire season. But that is my second choice.

I'm strongly against manipulating his team some weeks and not others as that is the least fair of all. It's not fair to change his team the final 3 weeks if you don't do the same the first 3 weeks.