Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bogley Fantasy Football 2014

I vote to just leave it too, luck of the draw. Hopefully he won't wake up before our game, then it is unfair!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'll just leave it alone and kick him out next season.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

LOL over half my team was on a bye this week. Fuuuuuuuu.....
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

The playoff race is still wide open.....

PowderPuffs are now vulnerable as she lost a top RB (Bradshaw) last week to injury and she has a couple others fighting injuries.

And I find it interesting that the two players that make by far the most moves are leading the standings. It was the same thing last year.

Vegas Strippers dream of Adrian Peterson saving his team just hit a brick wall....

My team went from scoring 171 last week to 58 this week...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Vegas Strippers dream of Adrian Peterson saving his team just hit a brick wall....
    Pretty much. But having lost all my drafted RB's to injuries, I've been hosed all season. But it was worth the stash and prayer! Not a good year for me.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

BASED SOLELY ON POINT TOTALS GAINED SO FAR THIS SEASON:

1. Powderpuffs
    2. Ice
    3. Mr. Mc Gibblet's dojo
    4. Rockgremlin

....yet I'm 3-8, and damn near dead last. F'in Bull$hite!

Yeah no shit... Vernon Davis hasn't scored a touchdown in 7 games.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/...41120_35949957

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    BASED SOLELY ON POINT TOTALS GAINED SO FAR THIS SEASON:

1. Powderpuffs
    2. Ice
    3. Mr. Mc Gibblet's dojo
    4. Rockgremlin

....yet I'm 3-8, and damn near dead last. F'in Bull$hite!
    Total points against is just as important as total points scored.... and the only team that is really out of whack (read lucky SOB) is Clean Pinch sitting in 4th place. He has scored 1183 points and had 1222 scored against him which should realistically put him in the bottom half of the league. To prove just how strong PowderPuffs are she has had more points scored against her than any team in the league and is still in first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    To prove just how strong PowderPuffs are she has had more points scored against her than any team in the league and is still in first place.

Yeah it's really annoying.

Final week to make the playoffs..... go big or go home.

I'm going to make it, even if I have to cheat.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Funny updates from Yahoo!

A family affair.... IceAxe takes on IceAxe Jr. In the Bogley Superbowl.... this will be a fun weekend around the house, particularly since my daughter is home from college for Christmas break.

We all know that you're really just playing yourself this week. I've got big plans in store for changes to this league next year!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

The only change this league needs is to dump Nerds and replace him with someone that gives a shit. The only other change I'd make is to make it so trades happen a day sooner. No reason to wait so long, 24 hours is more than enough time if anyone wants to bitch.

Nerds is definitely gone. I also noticed that Clean Pinch didn't manage team going into last weeks game too. I want to make changes to the waiver wire rules. Right now it doesn't do anything, we either need to get rid of it entirely or make it so it actually works. Currently its basically a first come first serve thing, doesn't really matter what the teams waiver priority is. Most Yahoo leagues, including the default settings, are for waivers to be processed all together at some point after the weekends games. So we can still add/drop players before the games, but once the games start there are no more waivers processed immediately. They would all wait till Tuesday morning.

Basically I want to step up the league. I'd like to gauge interest in adding FAAB and even possibly a keeper league. These are option that have been added to Yahoo to keep up with the big fantasy football boys.

My main concern with the waivers is that the waiver priority is there to help teams doing poorly to have first crack at waiver options to improve their team and increase competition in the league. But in our league we have waiver priorities but also an instant add/drop situation that basically negates the waiver priority.

We don't need to decide now but we should see what everyone thinks about updating our league.

FAAB info https://help.yahoo.com/kb/faab-waivers-sln6118.html

Keeper league http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....47/keeperintro

Waiver rules http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....ls/waiver_rule

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/fantasy-ba...=true#feedback
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I'll have to give some thoughts to these things.... right now I'm against a keeper league for a couple of reasons: We don't have the same group from year to year, I think the draft is a lot of fun, I like having a completely new team each year. If you get stuck with a bad team one year you start with a clean slate the next.

I agree the wavier system should be set up to help the bottom feeders, I'm all for bottom teams being able to improve mid-year. A lot of times you end up a bottom feeder because of injury and not stupidity.

Clean Pinch has done a great job of managing his team throughout the year. For last weeks game he was out of the country and had to set his line-up before he left. I didn't notice any dumbass moves on his part all year, which shows in his end results.

FAAB sounds like to much work, I probably spent too much time on my team as is, I don't need more on my plate.

But I'll keep and open mind and give it all some thought. I've actually been extremely happy with our league the last couple of years.

Barn burner for 5th place! haha