Thread: 'Running Wild' with Bear Grylls

Blog Entries

'Running Wild' with Bear Grylls

Anybody else watching the show? Lolz. I admit I am. Entertaining for sure.

Granted these are obstacles are planned as no one just happens to come across a dangling rope between two canyons that they have to crawl on. It's not a survival show.

Looks like it would be a lot of fun except for the bird eggs and mashed-up worm soup.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

2. Likes 2065toyota liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I watched. Sure some of it is staged and made for TV. But it's still cool to watch and wish you were there

Yeah I've been watching. Definitely staged but there are some cool techniques to learn still. Some of the routes are pretty unnecessary and completely out of the way, but the Hollywood stars don't know that

I did learn how to create a fire with the battery and gum wrapper though.

It's pretty much a glamorous survival excursion for the stars but are you not entertained?????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Yeah I've been watching. Definitely staged but there are some cool techniques to learn still. Some of the routes are pretty unnecessary and completely out of the way, but the Hollywood stars don't know that

I did learn how to create a fire with the battery and gum wrapper though.

It's pretty much a glamorous survival excursion for the stars but are you not entertained?????
    Ha ha, exactly. Definitely entertained.

The one with Ben Stiller was pretty darn funny. I have recorded this week's and I'm hoping tonight I'll be able to watch it.
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Blog Entries

'Running Wild' with Bear Grylls

Alright, finally caught up with the series. I thought there would be more but I guess six it is.

The last episode was with Deion Sanders and I kept thinking the slot canyon they were descending looked familiar...then it hit me...they are in Entrajo canyon. Yup, comparing pics and sure enough it is.

I guess we can add Deion Sanders to the list (like Mitt Romney) who has had limited canyoneering experiences ;) ha ha
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Link to Download..

I've watched this so many times, but didn't find its downloading link.. Share if any, without buffering?

I hadn't watched this show at all, but my kids have all the episodes DVR'd so when @jman mentioned the one about Deion in Entrajo I decided to check it out. I must admit, it was pretty entertaining to watch.

One thing I noticed was that Bear would pre rig Deion, with his figure 8, to the rope for the rappel causing Deion to be moved around while laying on the rock as Bear was doing the bouncy commando style rap for the camera. Has anyone seen or used this technique? I can see how it would eliminate the possibility of the noob screwing up the rigging, but it sure seemed awkward and potentially hazardous to me. But what do I know? I'm not British special forces.