Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: BYU Football 2014

I love that the BYU and Utah threads are both kept updated by Ute fans.

You forgot to post the final score, but I guess that wasn't as fun for you as the halftime score.

Pulled off the win against Garbage U

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I only watched the first half, then switched to the TCU game...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I only watched the first half, then switched to the TCU game...
    Can't blame ya for that one!

Well at least they were able to get it done v. Middle Tenn.

Next week should be a W too since UNLV sucks pretty bad this year.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I remember well the 80's and the glory years of BYU football. It's a shame to see this program fall to such a low with a schedule that can best be described as male bovine excrement. I miss QB U.

Sad but the program is currently being pulled in to many directions with to many agendas to ever be successful.

No major conference will touch BYU so long as BYUtv is tied to the program and the school must package the team as part of BYUtv or few cable companies will carry the programing.... talk about painting yourself into a corner.

Enjoy today's thumping of a glorified high school team....

Money wise game attendance isn't nearly as important as TV money. A surprisingly high number of college stadiums are actually removing seats and downsizing. The new trend is smaller stadiums with improved fan comfort and experience. The loss in gate revenue is more then made up by increased TV contracts.

The tides have turned for the once proud BYU Football program. I don't think they will ever be the same. It started on the day the Utes left for the Pac-12 and BYU hastily signed up for Independence.

BYU will return to prominence if/when they get an invite to a major conference. The problem is no major conference wants them if BYUtv is part of the deal and the church will not separate the two because they need the sports programing to get BYUtv onto cable and satellite.

One thing I've noticed is with the new playoff system anyone outside a big 5 conference doesn't stand a chance. Florida State is defending national champion, is undefeated and falling in the polls because they are in perhaps the weakest of the big 5. Schedule now appears to count more than ever.

BYU 64
    Savannah state 0

A quality win..And I applaud the cougars for not running up the score.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    BYU 64
    Savannah state 0

A quality win..And I applaud the cougars for not running up the score.
    Actually the starters were mostly on the bench by midway in the 2nd Quarter when the Cougars reached 42. The score easily could have been 100. Savanna State was truly awful, perhaps the worst team I have ever seen on the college level.
    Life is Good

Savannah State is currently on a 21 game losing streak. Their last win was against Fort Valley State University on September 14, 2013, which was their only win of the season. They won one football game in 2012, one in 2011, one in 2010...
    Scraping the barrel...

BYU Football 2014

Beating a 5 win P5 school.

https://vine.co/v/OnpYVzaarZW

This season has been one of the most difficult ones for me as a fan in a long time. Win four and I am on top of the world. Taysom Hill breaks his leg midway through the USU game and the wheels fall of that BYU hype bus in a hurry. Multiple other season ending injuries or multi game injuries wreck the team. One thing for sure, the Cougs aren't as deep as I think Bronco thinks they are. Another thing, Christian Stewart is a good quarterback. I just wish he would have found his groove earlier. I'm happy that BYU is 3-0 against P5 schools but so very confused and disappointed about the 0-3 against the Mountain West, although Boise is a pretty darn good team. Here's to a bowl game in Miami and to next year!
    Life is Good

I thought Stewart was a really good QB, the big problem was the cougar's were not geared and had little practice for a drop back QB. BYU lacks depth and speed, that's my two cents. Miami is a nice place to vacation in December.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Beating a 5 win P5 school.

https://vine.co/v/OnpYVzaarZW
    Context...

Disappointing season. Bronco is a defensive minded coach. He was celebrating a game sealing defensive stop on 4th and goal. Seems like reason to get excited to me.

BTW...its 55% off.

BEAVERS TALK WITH FOUR?
    I have been told that Oregon State has had phone discussions with four candidates for their head coaching vacancy - Brady Hoke, BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall, Utah State coach Matt Wells and Eastern Waashington coach Beau Baldwin.

http://coachingticker.scout.com/stor...about-leverage

Bronco will stay in provo until he dies...or Jesus comes back, whichever comes first.