Thread: Flash Flooding

Flash Flooding

Be careful out there...tis the season.

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-08-03 at 6.20.25 PM.png
Views: 806
Size:  597.6 KB

Full Map

Flash Flood Watch in effect through Monday evening.
    The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City has expanded the.

• Flash Flood Watch to include a portion of northern Utah. Including the following areas, the Wasatch Front, Wasatch mountain valleys, and Wasatch Mountains.
    • Through Monday evening.
    • Numerous slow moving showers and thunderstorms will continue to develop this afternoon and evening. The threat may diminish after midnight tonight but will increase again tomorrow afternoon through the evening hours. Some of these will generate very heavy rain in short periods of time.
    • The Flash flood threat will be greatest in steep terrain, near Recent burn scars and in localized urban areas.

Read the ALERTS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries

Flash Flooding

You know what's funny - I just helped my brother move back to Utah from San Diego this past weekend up to Heber City (near Park City) and while we were moving everything in, he made a remark "what's this?!? Is this mountain rain?!! Yes! It feels so good to feel rain again!"

Lol. He said living in LA and then San Diego for the past 5 years, the chance to see or feel rain was a rarity.

I do like a good ol' Utah mountain rain!

Especially after being in the hot, hot desert the past weekend.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Yeah, speaking of San Diego...

I think it was the day before yesterday the Padres had a short rain delay. It was the first time the tarp had been on the field at game time in 12 years.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Yeah, speaking of San Diego...

I think it was the day before yesterday the Padres had a short rain delay. It was the first time the tarp had been on the field at game time in 12 years.
    Wow...

Has anyone experienced any close calls lately? I'll bet many canyons in Utah and beyond are flashing right now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Has anyone experienced any close calls lately? I'll bet many canyons in Utah and beyond are flashing right now.
    I just got done hiking up Duelle Creek in Centerville with a few friends and it came down hard!! The banks were nearly overflowing and the lightning and thunder were on literally on top of each other - no delay. Centerville got hit hard for sure!

●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    I just got done hiking up Duelle Creek in Centerville with a few friends and it came down hard!! The banks were nearly overflowing and the lightning and thunder were on literally on top of each other - no delay. Centerville got hit hard for sure!

Hey I know that girl in the pink shorts. She said the rope swing was cool. Oh she is my daughter.

Blog Entries

Flash Flooding

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    Hey I know that girl in the pink shorts. She said the rope swing was cool. Oh she is my daughter.
    Lol, small world eh? You have some good eyes their Mark! (The pic looks blurry to me). She's a good hiker. But that storm was intense!
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    Oh SNAP!

Blog Entries
    Pretty impressive micro-bursts! For the past 4 days, it has rained intensely at my house for a good 20-30 minutes.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"