Thread: Pine Creek

Pine Creek

Pine Creek first part of August wetsuit or not what are your recommendations?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I went over the fourth if July the day after a short rainstorm and it was FULL of water. Always a good idea to have one just in case you get stuck but I definitely would not wear one.

I "heard", that with the recent rains alot of the sand has been washed out in the last week and it has quite a bit of cold water in it again. At this time, I would prob advise to wear a suit.

The last report from Candition.com

"Majority of the water is waste deep and is cold but not freezing. The cathedral is the only swim. Some in our party did it without a wetsuit and they were cold but did alright, they warmed up quickly by the last rappel"

What Kody said. Did it on Saturday. I'd recommend wetsuits with the recent rains. Just don't leave it at the top of the second to last rappel.

6. Likes 2065toyota liked this post
    Went through PC today; at the beginning I was glad I brought a wetsuit (3/2), and later I was very glad I brought the wetsuit. Many people can easily go through without a suit, but it made the trip comfortable even in the water. There is currently 1 swim in the cathedral room and about 5 or 6 waist to shoulder deep wades.
    Enjoy this great canyon ...

Mountain Man
    The water isn't cold enough to bother with a suit.

Thanks for the input. Once again i get a wide variety of answers .

Wide variety of cold water tolerance out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    Wide variety of cold water tolerance out there...
    Yeah, I did Echo first of July last year without wetsuits and everyone highly recommended that we would need them and we were all glad we didn't take them. Same thing this year in may with Spry. so i'm guessing i'll be fine barring any cold weather and rain runs through the week we go.

Interesting thing about pothole water, fresh rain/ flooding this time of year actually results in warm pothole water. It is after is sits for a few days that it gets colder.
    Life is Good

Interesting thing about pothole water, fresh rain/ flooding this time of year actually results in warm pothole water. It is after is sits for a few days that it gets colder.
    This^^^^
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.