Thread: Steve Woodford battling rare form of cancer

Steve Woodford battling rare form of cancer

Steve Woodford's friends are uniting to raise money to help with expenses Steve endures as a result of his battle against Klatskin cancer.

Steve Woodford (aka sasteve49), inventor of the Maxxi-Pad/Sandtrap is currently battling a rare form of cancer. As far as treatment, there are not a whole lot of options. One, in fact. What he needs is a liver transplant. This is either going to happen in Utah or in the Mayo clinic in Jacksonville, FL where Steve and Maria are currently staying to be evaluated for being a candidate for a new liver. The financial burdens associated with this are considerable. If you are interested in helping, please click below.

https://www.giveforward.com/fundrais...teve-and-maria

hank

Attachment 75445

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks for the post Hank. I have not been on Bogley for a long time now, involved in the long testing and evaluation process. But fortunately last week I finally received a new(pre-owned) liver here at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville Florida. So now in the recovery and healing stage. It seems that my canyoneering days might be over because of the risk of infection in wet canyons or even just scrapes and bruises. The anti-rejection pills I have to take for life lower my immune system and also increase the chance of skin cancer dramatically. I have lived and worked my whole life in the outdoors, so this will be a major change of direction. Will probably just get back into more skydiving where I worked as a Professional Instructor for 23 years. So thanks to all those friends Maria and I made. Be safe out there.....

It is now 19 months since I had a liver transplant and I am back in action, slowly but enthusiastically. Have done a few smaller canyons, nothing longer than 7 hours. Have also done 126 skydives since then, so life is good again! Thanks to Hank and all who showed concern for my well-being.