Thread: PWNED Racism

PWNED Racism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm confused as to the message of this video...so the black guy is being rewarded because someone else is racist against him?

Why not chastise the white lady instead of rewarding the black guy?

I'm so sick of this racism bullshit.....

There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc. And then there are just Americans. You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman' .... and that's OK.

But when I call you, ******-, Kike, Towel head, Sand-******-, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink .. You call me a racist. You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you... so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day. You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day. You have Yom Hashoah. You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi. You h ave the NAACP. You have BET... If we had WET (White Entertainment Television) we'd be racists. If we had a White PrideDay, you would call us racists. If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.

If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.

Wonder who pays for that??

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships...You know we'd be racists.

There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US .

Yet if there were 'White colleges' That would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights.

If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it.

But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud...But you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists??

5. Likes Taylor, oldno7, DiscGo, BruteForce liked this post
    I agree with many of your points, Iceaxe, and have expressed many of those concerns myself. I wish I had a solution. I do think that with each passing generation, I see it getting better. My grandparents, on my mothers side, were EXTREMELY racist. I heard the ‘N’ word frequently from them. Consequently my mother still has many of those feelings but much lessened. I don’t think I’ve ever heard her say the ‘N’ word. For myself, while I see what Iceaxe listed as a huge double-standard, I can honestly say I really don’t care about skin color. I try to focus on character. Please indulge me while I relate (hopefully not too lengthy) a race story unfolding in my family right now. My youngest child returned from his LDS mission to Paris a year and a half ago. When he got home we were excited to line him up with several cute young girls we thought he might be interested in (we moved from Cedar Hills to Highland when he was away). He met a few of them but we couldn’t get him to take any of them out! We couldn’t figure out what was going on with this kid! Finally, he came to us one day and told us that he didn’t want to date because he really, really liked a girl he had met while on his mission. When we pressed him about why he hadn’t told us anything about her, he said it was because she is black and didn’t know how we’d react. I asked him if we had ever done or said anything to him while growing up to indicate that we had a problem with black people to which he replied no, but still didn’t know what we’d think. I told him I didn’t care what her skin color was as long as she was a decent person. So, after that we got to know Starling, whom we have come to love. A little back ground on her- she grew up on the island of Guadeloupe, a French territory in the Caribbean. She ended up joining the LDS church when she was 18. After joining the church she moved to southern France because of better job and schooling opportunities. After living in Toulouse for a few years, she decided to serve a mission and was called to the Paris mission. So, the two of them met while serving in the same District. They knew there was a spark but, of course, didn’t do anything about it. When they both got home (about the same time) they started skyping and calling every day. My son ended up flying back to France last fall and spent 3 weeks with her, during which time they knew they wanted to marry. So, she has been living with us since April as they get ready to be married early next month. Since she has been living with us, we have been able to get to know her more than most in-laws ever would and have come to love her like she was one of our own. We couldn’t be happier with my sons choice in a spouse. Will they have some racial challenges being married? Sure, but the one thing I have noticed is that the younger the people they interact with, the less they care that she is black. It is quite interesting when we all go out to dinner, shopping or somewhere, however. Here in northern Utah county she is still quite an oddity and people can’t take their eyes off her, and not just because she is black, but because she is black AND quite gorgeous. She notices the looks and may not ever be very comfortable with it. I don’t think she realizes how pretty she really is. Anyway, sorry for the lengthy reply. I hope for the day when we can live without seeing skin color and labels.
    Name:  10514454_10152247079841589_2404687576037274397_o.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  47.5 KB
    Are we there yet?

7. Likes Scott Card liked this post
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

9. Likes Eric Holden liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I'm so sick of this racism bullshit.....

There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc. And then there are just Americans. You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman' .... and that's OK.

But when I call you, ******-, Kike, Towel head, Sand-******-, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink .. You call me a racist. You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you... so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day. You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day. You have Yom Hashoah. You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi. You h ave the NAACP. You have BET... If we had WET (White Entertainment Television) we'd be racists. If we had a White PrideDay, you would call us racists. If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.

If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.

Wonder who pays for that??

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships...You know we'd be racists.

There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US .

Yet if there were 'White colleges' That would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights.

If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it.

But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud...But you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists??
    Sounds like your 'we' has issues, glad mine doesn't.
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I'm confused as to the message of this video...so the black guy is being rewarded because someone else is racist against him?

Why not chastise the white lady instead of rewarding the black guy?
    The lady was chastised (called 'despicable').

The problem with this sort of dialogue (keep racism in its place) is that it perpetuates racism by keeping the discussion limited to judgment and suppression.

We are all racist. It's inherent in the human experience. Until we can talk freely about this fact, we can all continue to demonize racism, accuse the 'other' of being racist, etc.

Ironically, most anti-racist activism actually serves to strengthen racism by failing to address its ubiquity.

12. Likes nelsonccc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post

We are all racist. It's inherent in the human experience. Until we can talk freely about this fact, we can all continue to demonize racism, accuse the 'other' of being racist, etc.

Ironically, most anti-racist activism actually serves to strengthen racism by failing to address its ubiquity.

Agreed 100%

Its easier to just dislike most people regardless of skin color......

But seriously, racism like most of us know it is dieing, but it will be reborn as the new "Different looking" people come into the world no matter where or who we are. And some people will call it racism because its sounds so bad, when in reality most of the time its just that we are humans.

I naturally surround myself with people like myself. Its not racist....... Its just that I am like most people, who are most comfortable around similar people. Skin color is WAY DOWN the list for me on what similar means!

15. Likes Taylor liked this post
    It seems to me that so many people that are obsessed with feminism, sex, race or class "see a bogeyman behind every bush".

In other words, they look for it everywhere, everyday. In books, movies, pop culture, casual conversations. I think it must be awful to look in the mirror each morning and see a problem.

But then again, I'm white (well, Italian), straight, reasonably good looking and intelligent, well spoken, athletic and in fantastic health, possessing plenty of cash and I wake up happy every day. Apparently, this puts me at the top of the heap...so I guess I just can't relate to what their problems are. And I'm the enemy because of that.

If there's one thing that humans seem to be really good at, it's pointing fingers.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Warning: Strong Language (as with anything Louie CK related)

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

19. Likes DiscGo liked this post

21. Likes Pelon1, Eric Holden liked this post