Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you relate? Be honest....

Can you relate? Be honest....

Husband lists wife’s bedroom rejections on chart, she posts it online

Women are often criticized for “keeping score” in the relationship but not this time.

A 26-year-old husband kept track of the number of times and the reasons his wife of the same age “rejected” him in the bedroom.

“My husband sent me an immature, inflammatory email as I was driving to the airport for a 10-day work trip,” she posted on Reddit. “Now he has cut contact.”

The wife posted the spreadsheet on Reddit for the world to see.

She wrote in the post:
    “Our sex life HAS tapered in the last few months, but isn’t that allowed? We are adults leading busy, stressful lives. I cook for him, I do his laundry, I keep our house clean and tidy. It’s not like our sex life was going to be this way FOREVER, it was a temporary slow-down due to extenuating circumstances.”

The post went viral with more than 700 comments before the post was locked.

You can read the comments and more on the post on Reddit. WARNING – The content may not be suitable for all viewers.

See the full story from KDVR here

2. Likes DiscGo liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Why does laundry and cooking always make it's way into the conversation regarding lack of sex? I do my own damned laundry.

"I've gotta get up early to ride my bike..." -acca

6. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Five different days she used the excuse "I feel sweaty and gross."

If she feels gross and still her husband wants to be intimate shouldn't that be a compliment? FYI for the ladies: sweat is not a deterrent to sex most of the time. In fact, many times it's a turn on.

Sad, especially for a 26 year old. There has to be something else going on here.

We don't know the whole story.

I've 40 and have been married 21 years, but in the past two weeks we've only missed two days and it was made up for the next day by more than once in a day. Before that there was a dry spell of three days and I got all depressed and couldn't sleep. I felt really rejected, but it was only a temporary thing that we were going through. Besides a few trips when we have been apart for longer than that and after the two babies, we've never gone more than four days. I can't imagine only three times in a month and a half.

There has to be something else going on. I wonder if he tries to romance her and stuff? Women need love and romance.

Either way, a sad situation.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Best thing that dude could do is trade her in on a newer model with a sex drive that is similar to his own! If he sticks with that bitch this will be an ongoing issue the rest of their lives.

Iceaxe's Free advise - Want a happy marriage? If your mate asks you for sex while dressed up in a chicken suit and swinging from the ceiling just do it, or they will find someone that will.

10. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    If your mate asks you for sex while dressed up in a chicken suit and swinging from the ceiling just do it, or they will find someone that will.
    Hypothetically, or speaking from experience?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

12. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post

Commonsense tells me.....A dog ain't going to stay on the porch if you don't feed him....

14. Likes BruteForce liked this post
    [QUOTE=accadacca;559962][B]Husband lists wife

16. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Commonsense tells me.....A dog ain't going to stay on the porch if you don't feed him....
    Or her....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your mate asks you for sex while dressed up in a chicken suit and swinging from the ceiling just do it, or they will find someone that will.

I was actually referring specifically to the swinging from the ceiling in a chicken suit. I have to admit that I haven't tried that one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    missed two days and it was made up for the next day by more than once in a day. never gone more than four days.
    Wow...check out Mr. StudMcmuffin.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

20. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by double moo View Post
    I'm thinking thread merge... topics too similar.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...ay-Morning-Fun

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    x2
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Oh man, I feel for the guy. When I was 26 I could have written the same spreadsheet and it would have been many of the same excuses. By the time I was 30 we were averaging once every 6 weeks. It's extremely frustrating to be in a committed sexual relationship without the sex.
    Shane's right on; probably best for this guy to trade up now while he's still young.

And for the record; things are great now. Got a divorce, and after a couple years with someone new we got married last month. Never been happier.

24. Likes Sombeech, DiscGo, BruteForce liked this post
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    The fact that this guy was keeping score and a spreadsheet says it all. Time to pop smoke and move on..
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Best thing that dude could do is trade her in on a newer model with a sex drive that is similar to his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    ... Shane's right on; probably best for this guy to trade up now while he's still young.
    Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    The fact that this guy was keeping score and a spreadsheet says it all. Time to pop smoke and move on..

For the record: I completely identify with this guy, and my marriage is fantastic. Although I am not usually in the habit of discussing something so intimate (especially on the internet), I thought it was worth pointing out that I strongly disagree with the notion that you have to jump ship over this.

Before having kids, my wife was always interested. Since having kids my wife's interest level has dropped off significantly. For the last 7 years my wife has either been pregnant or breast feeding (4 kids in 5 years), and after chasing kids around all day, my wife is often tired by the end of the day.

I would never want my wife to feel pressured to do anything, and I'm not in this relationship for the short run. I believe that things will level out between us as we get further way from diapers, and that things will improve over the long run. But even if something happened today which would prevent us from ever being intimate again, it would in no way deter me from being with her.

My wife is the best person whom I have ever known. When I met my wife 12+ years ago, I never dreamed that she could help me become the person whom I view myself to be today (I am still a work in progress and have a long way to go, but I have come along way) . My wife has lofty expectations but is patient, she is intelligent, the best mother I have ever seen, hilarious, supportive, and is filled with goodness. I could go on and on forever to explain the many ways in which she amazes me and enriches my life, but I'll spare you.

My point is that I do not believe that anyone should feel pressured to meet their partner’s expectations, or else fear losing them. How could you ever enjoy anything if you felt forced into doing it? Especially something so intimate. I don't know, but I feel like if your sex life is that big of a factor in who you are with, then you have larger problems. I think I am pretty normal in enjoying intimacy with my wife, but sex is about the millionth thing I love about being married to my wife.

Anyway, just to be the lone voice of supporting marriage here, I thought I'd go out on a limb and share that I could make my own spread sheet like this, but my list of reasons to stay with my wife would be a thousand times bigger.

You're missing the point, if you're happy that's awesome and that's all that really matters... You are obviously far from miserable :-)

But if you're miserable and to the point where you are keeping spreadsheets it's probably time to cut bait and find a mate that makes you happy.

This is really not a sex thing but a quality of life thing. Life is too short to be miserable.

28. Likes Felicia liked this post
    You're missing the point... if you're miserable and to the point where you are keeping spreadsheets it's probably time to cut bait and find a mate that makes you happy.

This is really not a sex thing but a quality of life thing. Life is too short to be miserable.
    Alright, maybe I did miss the point. It sounded to me as though your statements (& others) were based more on frequency of hooking up, then their relationship as a whole.

I agree that life is too short to go unhappy, and that you need to do what it takes to make yourself happy. I would just hope that nobody would give up on a good marriage because they don't hook up as frequently as they'd like.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    But if you're miserable and to the point where you are keeping spreadsheets it's probably time to cut bait and find a mate that makes you happy.

My point exactly. The relationship has to be terrible if its gotten to the point where a spreadsheet/tally is being kept.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce