Thread: NEW Bogley Server Online

NEW Bogley Server Online

Bogley Peeps,

Thanks for your patience as we've been working through some server issues over the last few weeks. We had been on our old server since 2008 and it served us well up until about a year ago. Then it was starting to become apparent that we needed to get some new hardware. This is the 5th server that Bogley has lived on since 2004. Last night we migrated to the newest server!!!

Special thanks goes out to @theking648 (Dave) for helping us move the mass amounts of data. Primarily 1000's of attachment/images that are in all the trip reports over the past 9+ years and migrating the very large database, which is just as old. Also special thanks goes out to @DiscGo (Dan) for jumping in and lending a hand and helping us connect with a server admin (Preston) who was was a huge help in the process as well.
    Let us know if you find any issues. Thanks for your patience through this transition. Here's to another 10 years!

*If you enjoy Bogley, please donate via PayPal or buy a BigShot membership in the Store.

2. Likes Don, DiscGo, hank moon, ratagonia, Scott Card liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Let us know if you find any issues.
    Just a minor glitch, but I noticed on the new server several posts appear as all italics, when they weren't that way before.

Example:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...820#post559820

Maybe it pertains to a certain font that is being used?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Just a minor glitch, but I noticed on the new server several posts appear as all italics, when they weren't that way before.

Example:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...820#post559820

Maybe it pertains to a certain font that is being used?
    Hmmm, yeah I saw that in testing. We'll have to figure that one out. Must be a CSS issue with the theme.

I'm digging the SPEED!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI: I had to clean my cookies and cash to get Bogley to load, If I had not seen it on my phone I would have thought the forum was still down.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    FYI: I had to clean my cookies and cash to get Bogley to load, If I had not seen it on my phone I would have thought the forum was still down.
    Huh. When did you clear them? We didn't change any cookie settings and we've had a few hundred users login so far.

I cleared them 10 minutes ago. Otherwise I got the maintenance screen. I tried forcing a hard reload of the web page first but that didn't work.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

I cleared them 10 minutes ago. Otherwise I got the maintenance screen. I tried forcing a hard reload of the web page first but that didn't work.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3
    Ok thanks for the info. Sometimes DNS can take up to 24 hours and some browsers hold the cache.

I've had an issue lately where I'm not getting e-mails when replies are posted to threads I'm subscribed to. It actually started a short while after the server outage a little while back, so it doesn't seem to have been caused by the move to a new server, but it is happening on the new server as well. Hopefully it's not just an issue with my e-mail, but I'm using Gmail so even if it was my e-mail I'd expect at least some other users experiencing it as well.
    Blog | FB

NEW Bogley Server Online

Quote Originally Posted by Udink View Post
    I've had an issue lately where I'm not getting e-mails when replies are posted to threads I'm subscribed to. It actually started a short while after the server outage a little while back, so it doesn't seem to have been caused by the move to a new server, but it is happening on the new server as well. Hopefully it's not just an issue with my e-mail, but I'm using Gmail so even if it was my e-mail I'd expect at least some other users experiencing it as well.
    Yeah it was a prob after the outage. We locked down (restricted access) to the server and it caused the email issue. @theking648 is working on getting mail configured on this new server. Then it should be back.

Thanks for the reply and let us know if it's not resolved in the next few days.

Last edited by accadacca; 07-17-2014 at 10:36 PM. Reason: dude

Awesome, thanks for the info.
    Blog | FB

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3
    I had similar issues. Seems Twitter and/or FB could be good news venues for the "new" Bogley.

Blog Entries
    Btw, the issue that I had with tapatalk from a week ago (IE It would take a 3mins for it refresh the page) is now gone!

It's fast again!

Thanks again for the behind the scene work!
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

If you enjoy Bogley, please donate via PayPal or buy a BigShot membership in the Store.

I am still unable to connect with Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5. I get an never ending "Connecting to server". I have tried clearing the cache as well as deleting Bogley from the list of sites and starting over.

Works fine on iPhone and iPad, as well as my laptop.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluff-Canyoneer View Post
    I am still unable to connect with Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5. I get an never ending "Connecting to server". I have tried clearing the cache as well as deleting Bogley from the list of sites and starting over.

Works fine on iPhone and iPad, as well as my laptop.

Any hints would be appreciated.
    Hmmm, note l quite sure what it is, I'm using my S5 right now.

I did have trouble posting to forums for a bit until I went up to settings from the main page of tapatalk, then resetting the cache there.

Is this what you tried?

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1406398297131.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  71.6 KB

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1406398310397.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  86.2 KB

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1406398322877.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  73.5 KB

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Strange, there is no "reset cache" menu item in my version of Tapatalk.

I went into the phone's "settings" and "applications" "applications manager" and "Tapatalk" then tried "clear cache" which did not help.

Just now I tried "force stop" and "clear data" which wiped out all of my forums, but once I searched for them again I was able to connect to Bogley and the others.

All is good now.