Thread: Free drugs for poor people

Free drugs for poor people

Just what poor people need-drugs. And here I thought things like jobs, food, clothing and opportunities to improve your life were what are needed. Silly me.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...170035152.html

[SIZE=3]If you love smoking pot, live in Berkeley and don’t make a lot of money, the city council has some good news for you: your pot may now be free .
    An ordinance approved by the Berkeley City Council says that at least 2 percent of all pot carried by medical marijuana dispensaries must be provided “at no cost” to “very low-income” individuals and families.

The council defines “very low income” as individuals making $32,000 a year or less, or families of four collectively earning $46,000.
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue][I]And unlike the clich
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Commonsense isn't nearly as common as you would think.

4. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Just what poor people need-drugs. And here I thought things like jobs, food, clothing and opportunities to improve your life were what are needed. Silly me.
    It's interesting that you would support giving people jobs, food, clothing, and opportunities in life, but then deny them relief from undergoing something like chemo therapy. If a person were to suffer from debilitating headaches, would you also deny them an aspirin?

For myself, I can follow the logic and it doesn't seem surprising. Pot has a lot of medical benefits and will help millions. Might as well go all in, California already went all in... Hehhe
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

6. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    It's interesting that you would support giving people jobs, food, clothing, and opportunities in life, but then deny them relief from undergoing something like chemo therapy.
    We have a medical dispensary on my street. It's always busy and buzzing. I have a hard time believe that there are really that many deathly ill people in this tiny town. Situations in which medical marijuana are needed are pretty rare.

While tax money isn't being used for the pot itself, the evaluation does cost taxpayers because the money could have been used for other more necessary items.

Regardless of your views on pot, people using it on their own time and money is different than people using whom are on public assistance. Keep in mind, that while yes, there are some medical aspects for marijuana (I used to work in a drug-testing lab), it is also addicting and has many negative health effects as well.

So, yes, I am all for help providing food, clothing, jobs, and better opportunities to improve one's life (not necessarily all done by the government) to people who really needed, no, I do not think that giving out free drugs is a good idea. I might make an exception for something that really was needed and ordered by a real doctor.

If a person were to suffer from debilitating headaches, would you also deny them an aspirin?

Most people buy their own Aspirin. It isn't a prescription. And yes, if someone really needed it, I would buy it for them.

Dang Death Cricket, I thought you were an ultra-conservative. Now you're suddenly in favor of the government forcing businesses to give away free pot?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Blog Entries
    Dang Death Cricket, I thought you were an ultra-conservative. Now you're suddenly in favor of the government forcing business to give away free pot?

That's because it's a social "right"...and we sure can't deny people their "rights" otherwise YOU will be coerced.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

This may strike some people as odd, but Marijuana isn't the only remedy for some of these illnesses and pain. If they dispensed the comparable prescriptions for certain ailments, like another form of pain relief or nerve calming solutions, potheads and prudes alike would agree it wouldn't get near as much response.

Everybody knows it's not about providing Healthcare for the poor.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dang Death Cricket, I thought you were an ultra-conservative. Now you're suddenly in favor of the government forcing businesses to give away free pot?
    Hehehe no. I'm an anarchist most likely. So an ultra conservative is close but not far enough. I can still follow the logic though, if you are already giving people free housing, food, opportunities to improve their lives... Pot solves a lot of problems and brings comfort. In for a penny, in for a pound, as the saying goes. In a strange way I do completely support all the crazy programs though, the sooner we go bankrupt and collapse the government, the sooner I can see my anarchist utopian society. It's clearly not going to get conservative anytime soon, so lets go the other direction, all roads lead to the truth. Poor people need help looking for a job, I can foresee a program to give them all shiny new BMW's on the horizon, bring it on!
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    the sooner we go bankrupt and collapse the government, the sooner I can see my anarchist utopian society. It's clearly not going to get conservative anytime soon, so lets go the other direction, all roads lead to the truth. Poor people need help looking for a job, I can foresee a program to give them all shiny new BMW's on the horizon, bring it on!
    DC, I now expect to see you vanish from your job one day here soon and end up just South of Scott P in the Valley of Galt......if you catch the reference.

12. Likes Deathcricket liked this post
    We have a medical dispensary on my street. It's always busy and buzzing. I have a hard time believe that there are really that many deathly ill people in this tiny town.

If you have to buy your weed from a medical dispensary, chances are pretty good that it's being used like medicine.

The street charges at least half of what a dispensary does. If you don't smoke for medicinal reasons you'd have to be either stupid or rich to buy from a dispensary.

BTW, do you still live in Craig? Cuz there's no dispensary located in Craig...at least not according to weedmaps.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

BTW, do you still live in Craig?

Yes.

Cuz there's no dispensary located in Craig...at least not according to weedmaps.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Craig...43455075715002

I live just down the street.

The street charges at least half of what a dispensary does.
    I wouldn't know. Here are the current prices:

If you have to buy your weed from a medical dispensary
    I never said anything about buying weed, only getting it for free.

The street charges at least half of what a dispensary does.
    Not when it's free.

Not when it's free .

True that!

I wonder what the ratio of Utah license plates to Colorado license plates is on any given day?

We had renters in our Moab house that just last month moved to Colorado to get in on the "green rush." Apparently he's looking to open a pot friendly lounge in Denver.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.