Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Facebook Deletes Cheerleaders Hunting Photos

Facebook Deletes Cheerleaders Hunting Photos

Facebook has heeded the cries of hundreds of thousands of animal lovers and taken down some of the pictures posted by Kendall Jones, who drew worldwide ire for uploading images of dead African animals she had just slaughtered.

[COLOR=#444444][FONT=HelveticaNeue]According to the Huffington Post, Facebook issued a statement on Thursday saying that the Texas Tech cheerleader

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

She can post on Bogley all she wants.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    ahh--the things we will remember when the pendulum swings back to the right!!
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    ahh--the things we will remember when the pendulum swings back to the right!!
    So when you get rid of the endangered species act, will that mean that no species are endangered, or that all species are?
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light

Quote Originally Posted by cchoc View Post
    So when you get rid of the endangered species act, will that mean that no species are endangered, or that all species are?
    What does the endangered species act have to do with this young lady hunting?
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

She is supposed hunting some species that are endangered , I thought that was what the fuss was about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light

Quote Originally Posted by cchoc View Post
    She is supposed hunting some species that are endangered , I thought that was what the fuss was about.

Everything she hunted was NOT on the ESL.

The fuss is because she's an attractive young lady who enjoys hunting.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

the same group who would have one think mountain lions and coyotes are endangered.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Cougars and coyotes are pretty scarce in Africa.

Charlie...
    Stalking Light

Some of those animals are at least threatened or near threatened.

You can hunt rhinos in places, but it cost at least a quarter million dollars or more to shoot one. To hunt all those animals in the photos was probably at least half a million dollars; probably more (really).

Animals like elephants and rhinos never retreat or hide since their natural defense is to stand their ground. Shooting either is as hard as shooting the side of a barn (which is the main reason rhinos are endangered, easy to shoot and have a valuable horn). When we were there, lions also walk up to safari vehicles and sit in the shade of the vehicles (which was cool until one of the vehicles got stuck in the mud and the occupants had to get out and push).

The leopard would be the only one of those animals that would be fairly challenging to shoot (unless it was in the tree). The other animals wouldn't be a challenge at all.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Something to consider is the money from these expensive hunting licenses is put back into preservation of the species. In many cases if it were not for costly hunting licenses there would be no money to protect the species as a whole. People that actually understand how the whole system works are applauding the funding for preservation she has provided.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Hunting is certainly a part of conservation, especially here in the US where the natural food chain has been disrupted and hunters are absolutely required. I think this is just a girl promoting her TV show by generating a controversy - she probably started the petition on FB herself. I certainly didn't know anything about the photos until reading this story, and now everyone will tune in. People who understand these kinds of things know that both sides are being manipulated.
    Charlie...
    Stalking Light

[Iceaxe
    Something to consider is the money from these expensive hunting licenses is put back into preservation of the species. In many cases if it were not for costly hunting licenses there would be no money to protect the species as a whole. People that actually understand how the whole system works are applauding the funding for preservation she has provided.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3
    +1
    Scott P

Rhinos and leopards definitely are endangered.

You can hunt rhinos in places, but it cost at least a quarter million dollars or more to shoot one. To hunt all those animals in the photos was probably at least half a million dollars; probably more (really).

Animals like elephants and rhinos never retreat or hide since their natural defense is to stand their ground. Shooting either is as hard as shooting the side of a barn (which is the main reason rhinos are endangered, easy to shoot and have a valuable horn).

As I understand it the hardest part of killing elephants and Rhino's with a bow is keeping the PH (required) from shooting them with a gun after the shot as they normaly charge after being shot with a bow.

It seem a couple of years ago I remember a guy in Provo (professor? BYU?) getting a lot flack for the same thing with a Rhino in the name of science.

It depends on your outlook if this is good or bad. I don't think anybody is going to get their mind changed.

PS Chicks with bows are hot!

Of course scott p would argue without reading...

One particular photo, in which she posed alongside an extremely endangered rhinoceros, had her critics especially steaming, but the Texas Tech cheerleader says it was alive and well.
    'The vet drew blood, took DNA samples, took body and head measurements, treated a leg injury and administered antibiotics. I felt very lucky to be part of such a great program and procedure that helps the White Rhino population through conservation,' she wrote.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz370S0vYLj
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I put little faith in wiki--but they list leopard as "near threatened"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Of course scott p would argue without reading...

One particular photo, in which she posed alongside an extremely endangered rhinoceros, had her critics especially steaming, but the Texas Tech cheerleader says it was alive and well.
    Maybe one photo, but not the other.

From your link (did you read it?):

Jones says her first kill was a rare African white rhino, part of her quest to bag the Big 5 African game animals.

Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

PS, what are you saying was an argument? I merely stated the cost of doing something like this and said that other than a leopard, it probably wasn't very challenging. Do you disagree with either point?

People that actually understand how the whole system works are applauding the funding for preservation she has provided.
    You mean that her dad provided. It's a sure bet that the permits alone were at least half a million. When you add in the professional film crew, safari, outfitting, etc, you are talking some serious cash.

As for the hunting and conservation thing, it could be argued either way and I chose not to go there. They do charge big bucks to hunt there and the money is supposed to go to some of the parks.

I will say however is that the main reason for the increase in numbers of some of the threatened and endangered animals down there is because now days the penalties for poaching are extremely severe. Some African countries have even proposed death on the spot for poachers. Plus it's getting much harder to sell such animal products.

PS, when we were in Africa last, it was legal to "hunt" African animals with paint balls (made of biodegradable vegetable oil). It sounds silly, but now days, that's how many people "hunt" in Africa (seriously).

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Maybe one photo, but not the other.

From your link (did you read it?):

Jones says her first kill was a rare African white rhino, part of her quest to bag the Big 5 African game animals.

Perfectly legal kill and I applaud her and her dad for taking such a trip.

Thats the problem with endangered species, the left thinks everything they don't see daily is endangered, case in point here.

Now if your jealous of her dad spending his money on a great trip with his daughter, I can't help you.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

After more than a century of protection and management, they are now classified as Near Threatened and about 20,000 animals exist in protected areas and private game reserves. They are the only rhinos that are not endangered.

http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/white-rhino

So I guess it comes down to you're either pro hunting or anti-hunting...
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?