Thread: Shady Campsite Near Zion

Shady Campsite Near Zion

As some of you know, my Mom has had breast cancer twice. Since having gone through chemo therapy, she is very limited in the amount of time she can spend in the sun each day. Do any of have any shady campgrounds you might recommend near the zion area?I would like to find something that doesn't have the KOA feel (of people camping on top of each other) but will still allow my Mom to camp in Zion.

Thanks
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This time of year, I'd steer clear of the low elevations campsites such as Watchman or Mosquito Cove, for example, unless you can go to bed when it's in the 90's outside.

Camp somewhere fairly high such as Lava Point, near Kolob Reservoir, or around Ponderosa.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

4. Likes DiscGo, Don liked this post
    Blog Entries

Shady Campsite Near Zion

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    This time of year, I'd steer clear of the low elevations campsites such as Watchman or Mosquito Cove, for example, unless you can go to bed when it's in the 90's outside.

Camp somewhere fairly high such as Lava Point, near Kolob Reservoir, or around Ponderosa.
    X2. Way too hot for any campgrounds in Zion IMO. Camping around Kolob Res. is fantastic and worth it (the 40min drive and good sleep).

Let's me honest no one is getting a "good" sleep at 90degrees. At that temp, that's when somebody cracks the wallet and gets a hotel. :)
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

6. Likes DiscGo liked this post