Thread: Just I picked up

Just I picked up

If anone has cracks in the abs plastic like the nose cone on an old sun rotted tent trailer.
    I found a tip that works extremely well thus far.
    Crazy glue the crack and blend in some baking soda fast. Lays down a nice weld and hardens fast.
    I have know idea how long it lasts but it is a neat trick for anyone that finds themselves trying to make a repair like this.
    Color match is off a bit cause it is shiny but holds like right now baby and I just planned on rattle can truck bed liner to finish.
    Now I need to grind out all that messed up plastic epoxy that looks like one big turd.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Go to a local hobby shop and pick up what is called THIN CA. It is way cheaper than crazy glue for stuff like this. But the soda trick with CA awesome. It is harder than concrete!!!!!!

If you need a very strong repair lay a little fiber glass that spans to each side of the crack and then use the thin CA and a baggie to spread the CA. Stick your finger in the baggie to smear CA into fabric. The baggie wont stick to the glue and it keeps you from gluing your finger to the trailer!

Thanks bro as it seems I still had a few that did not take lol.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

Rough up area with some 50 grit on each side of repair and then use the cloth and it will be the last thing to fail on the popup.

I made the mistake of trusting jbweld (Plastic) on abs and no matter how long I kneaded it, It just never fired off and stayed soft and that is were the two cracks I need to redo if I can after bed liner.
    Next time I'll just stick normal JBWeld.