Thread: Hie to Kolob

Hie to Kolob

My visit to Kolob creek and the associated canyon was INSPIRING and deeply enjoyable, even reverent at times. I had so much fun in the canyon. I feel deep gratitude for the opportunity to be able to visit places like this on this earth.

I recently made the claim that Heaps Canyon is the King of Zion, the one to rule all Zion canyons. I do not waiver in how I feel about Heaps. He is still King, but I easily claim Kolob Canyon as the majestic and regal Zion canyon Queen!

Kolob, to me, is royal. She is quiet and beautiful; yet she can be very dangerous when provoked! Kolob is a canyon made of "AWE". The beauty and reverence I saw and felt on this trip sank deep into me. it is difficult to express with words the feeling i felt while within her wonderful canyon walls. Visiting this canyon was spiritual.

Again, I'm really not capable of writing down my full experience in words. I have pondered for days trying think of words to use to express the feelings I felt while visiting Kolob canyon. None are adequate. This canyon was stunning and beautiful. If filled me with awe and wonder. It was glorious. But, it was still more that that. I had moments in this canyon where I felt bad for being loud. Some places demanded reverence and quiet. This place was a special place. in some ways a very sacred place. If you go, go prepared to feel something special.

Read Full Trip Report HERE

CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

2. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

5. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Seriosly awesome pics! I cant wait to get in there.

7. Likes Kuya liked this post
    Thanks guys :) this was one incredible place! Can't wait to go back
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey