Thread: Favorite Tire?

Favorite Tire?

I've been riding a ton and it's time for some new tread. I really like these...this will be my third set.

http://www.wtb.com/products/velociraptor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Those are pretty antiquated tread pattern.

Ive been a schwalbe guy for a season or two now. The nobby nics are a great tire. I ride the now discontinued King Jim 2.3". Continental trail kings are also a sweet tire, my buddies seem to love them.

Favorite Tire?

Quote Originally Posted by Bootboy View Post
    Those are pretty antiquated tread pattern.
    Yep, I've been running this tread pattern for over 20 years. I had them on MTB bikes in high school. The pattern was first made by panaracer. The front called a "dart" and the rear "smoke."

They've never slowed me down!

http://www.bikeradar.com/us/gear/cat...t-tyres-31780/

I really like the WTB Weirwolf tires. Since I ride mostly enduro style they work great for me. Good traction and a lot of grip on the turns.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Yep, I've been running this tread pattern for over 20 years. I had them on MTB bikes in high school. The pattern was first made by panaracer. The front called a "dart" and the rear "smoke."

They've never slowed me down!

http://www.bikeradar.com/us/gear/cat...t-tyres-31780/

If they're all you've ridden, you do t know what you're missing ;)

I'd say if it's been working for you, keep riding it. At the same time, that rear tire in particular looks sluggish to me. By trying one of the more 'modern' tread patterns, you may find that they still provide the grip and traction you're used to, with much less rolling resistance, equaling speed. I guess I'm a tire whore. I like trying different brands and patterns and have tried a bunch. Right now I'm riding Bontrager's (Trek's component house brand), mostly because I work a couple hours a week at The Trek Store in AF and can get them for cheap. That being said, I've been extremely impressed with their tires. They certainly aren't what I'd consider one of the popular brands but, after riding them for over a year now, I'd highly recommend them. Plus, I've been able to see how much effort Trek puts in to their research and design. Right now I'm riding the XR2 (2.2) on the rear and the XR3 (2.35) on the front. In the next couple of weeks i'm going to put a XR1 on the rear and an XR2 on the front, just for some weight savings and less rolling resistance.

Name:  XR2.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  30.5 KBName:  XR3.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  29.3 KB
    Are we there yet?