Thread: 5/24/14 - Not Tierdrop (Moab)

Blog Entries

5/24/14 - Not Tierdrop (Moab)

I'm sure some of you will get sick of Jeff and I cross-posting our TRs on multiple forums and facebook sites. But, such is life.

However, this TR has the pics and not just the video.

I will copy and paste what Jeff wrote on Canyon Collective and add my pictures below it:

From CC:

Watch in 1080p!

We usually do Tierdrop when we are in Arches and have never done Not Tierdrop (just to the right of Tierdrop) so we decided to try it! We brought along a group of awesome people who wanted to try canyoneering. They did pretty good! The canyon is definitely an awesome canyon and is right up there in fun with Tierdrop. Be sure to bring some webbing or even better a retrievable anchor option as there is not always webbing anchors up there. Be careful when using a Biner Block as we put 4 core shots in a brand new Imlay Canyon Fire 8.3mm rope on that one canyon! It has some long rope pulls that will drag the clove hitch on the rough sandstone and will eat through the sheath of your rope. If you know how to use a Fiddlestick I would highly recommend using that instead of the Biner Block.

I shot this video with my GoPro HERO3+ Black Edition camera at 1080p at 30fps and edited with iMovie. I had my GoPro mounted to my GoScope Extreme which is a telescoping pole and it works great with the J-Hook mount! Get your GoScope at http://go-scope.com.
    Here are a few pics from the group - enjoy! It was a large group to haul through! There was 12 and took us 3hours to move all 12 through the 3 rappels.

And personally, I think Not Tierdrop is "better" (read: more bang for buck) than the other 3 up there. Especially the free-hang raps.
    Attached Images Attached Images             
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

On your recommendation ill have to give it a go. Looks fun.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk