Thread: Zion permit changes?

Blog Entries

Zion permit changes?

So while looking at permits for future Zion trips, I noticed a few things that I haven't seen before.

Are these recent changes or am I just late to the game?

This one is for keyhole and the change that caught my eye is "a permit only allows one trip through the canyon". Perhaps it was implied all along, but now this is explicitly clear.

If you look at the canyon selection, I noticed that "Lower Refrigerator" and "Russell Gulch" have been added online. I know in the past I would request these in person but it seems like these are now added online.

I'm sure there are a few more changes/ revisions but those definitely caught my eye.
    Last edited by jman; 06-20-2014 at 11:33 AM. Reason: typos...like always...
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

OH wow. looks like they did add a few more canyons. I find it interesting that they mention that you can only go through Keyhole once. Good luck enforcing that!
    CanyoneeringUtah.blogspot.com
    My YouTube Channel

"As you journey through life, choose your destination well, but do not hurry there. You will arrive soon enough. Wander the back roads and forgotten path[s] ... Such things are riches for the soul. And if upon arrival, you find that your destination is not exactly as you had dreamed, ... know that the true worth of your travels lies not in where you come to be at journey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    OH wow. looks like they did add a few more canyons. I find it interesting that they mention that you can only go through Keyhole once. Good luck enforcing that!
    Yeah, can you imagine 2 laps for 12 people - $40 and $20 for an entrance pass! Def cray cray
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

My kids often did laps in Keyhole. It was one of the first slots they did solo. They liked to take a second lap without dad tagging along. I liked it because if there was an issue I was only minutes away. It was a good learning experience for them.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

6. Likes jman liked this post
    If you look at the canyon selection, I noticed that "Lower Refrigerator" and "Russell Gulch" have been added online.
    Jolley Gulch as well.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.