Thread: 5.10 Canyoneer 3 shoes?

Blog Entries

5.10 Canyoneer 3 shoes?

My buddy Jeff from Backcountry.com sent me this link to the new Canyoneer 3 shoes, then a few days later, ACA posted a link as well. Maybe it's legit (2 legit 2 quit?)??

Name:  nuevas-five-teen-cayoneer-1-320x227.jpg
Views: 5382
Size:  21.8 KB
    Good to see that, "pee yellow" is the primary color (and maybe only color).

http://www.guiasboira.com/test-de-material/nuevo-prototipo-de-la-proxima-five-ten-canyonner-iii

Here's a rough translation:

I submit that it seems to be the new boot canyoning brand Five Ten.
    [QUOTE]The Five Ten Canyonner III.The first impression on pickup lightness regarding canyonner II.Apparently, they have reduced overall volume and thickness especially in the heel area, which is welcome, because the previous, having more heel, was prone to snagging block the channel.
    [COLOR=#6D6D6D][FONT=Arial]It also appears to have decided to choose to remove the straps, which are used to break quickly and had to
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I will graciously volunteer to test these shoes.
    Life is Good

Blog Entries
    Curious, What would you prefer - Laces or buckles?
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

wow, that's quite a change....

Un-decided about laces vs Buckles. I might prefer buckles, but better ones than on the current model

They have been out for testing for a year now for a select few. Me not being one of them :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes Partly Animal liked this post
    Laces will allow for a much better fit. It's the reason all your athletic shoes have laces. I've been wearing the Nike Reverso, which was Nikes awesome short lived canyoneering shoe for a number of years and they have laces. They are much more comfortable then the 5-10's and the laces have never been an issue. I do have to replace the laces about halfway through the life of the shoe, but that is not really a big deal. I've had two pair of 5-10's that failed at the buckle, which has always been a weak link in the shoe. I'd be more than happy to see the death of the buckle.

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Laces will allow for a much better fit. It's the reason all your athletic shoes have laces. I've been wearing the Nike Reverso, which was Nikes awesome short lived canyoneering shoe for a number of years and they have laces. They are much more comfortable then the 5-10's and the laces have never been an issue. I do have to replace the laces about halfway through the life of the shoe, but that is not really a big deal. I've had two pair of 5-10's that failed at the buckle, which has always been a weak link in the shoe. I'd be more than happy to see the death of the buckle.
    X2

Laces mean better fit and field-replaceability. I am psyched that the C3 will have laces.

10. Likes Taylor liked this post
    My only complaint about laces is the other pair of water shoes I have has laces and they seem to come untied really easily when they get wet, for some reason.
    The current 5.10 buckles are not very comfortable on my feet. If laces stayed tied (maybe they do?) then it seems a better choice. The 5.10's kill my feet after a few miles.

Quote Originally Posted by deagol View Post
    My only complaint about laces is the other pair of water shoes I have has laces and they seem to come untied really easily when they get wet, for some reason.
    The current 5.10 buckles are not very comfortable on my feet. If laces stayed tied (maybe they do?) then it seems a better choice. The 5.10's kill my feet after a few miles.
    Vee haff vays of making zem stay!