Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KTM Freeride - 250 R 2-Stroke

KTM Freeride - 250 R 2-Stroke

COming to a dealer near you. 204 lbs dry.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Man that pipe sure looks four stroke to me. I would have never guessed by the looks but when she fires up there is no ? I'm sure.
    With a kickstand on the right? Flip up seat is kinda cool.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

Might be my new moto! I really like that its still a 250, has electric start, a headlight, and an instrument panel. Not too keen on the 7 litre (1.8 gallons) tank though. I'd have to carry gas on every ride we do. I also want to know more about the overdrive 6th gear. They say it's tall and I wonder how tall? digital injection timign adjustment might be fun to mess with. Not sure how the fan and single radiator would work though. My current smoker overheats in sand and lots of slow technical stuff, usually preceded by a slipping clutch. They say the fan automatically turns on to cool.

The 1:80 mix means very little oil needs to be carried. I currently mix 1:40 and on the longer Paiute rides I've got to take a nearly full bottle for the 4 gallons of refueling.

I'm very interested. Wonder what the differences are between this and the 350 r?

Number one benefit: It can be plated. Might allow me to replace the DR with the Vstrom (more street oriented) and replace the YZ with the a street legal 2 stroke.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Pretty cool. Not sure how its geared but when watching videos these guys aren't fanning the clutch and are really lugging it up steep, loose climbs. Very interesting.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

The 350 freeride is a 4 stroke and only weighs 15 lbs more. It's 219 lb dry...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want one!!!!

I can't see a way to buy one in the usa though.

I would buy one for sure.

It already has Trials tires on it.....
    KTM 625 SXC
    KTM 250R FreeRide
    Montesa 315R Long Ride
    KTM 400 EXC Dual Sport
    Yamaha TY250C
    Yamaha TY175C
    BMW R1100S
    Yamaha IT250J
    Honda TLR200
    Yamaha CT2
    Honda XR600R
    A bunch of stuff that doesn't run....

In our dreams. I have been trying to buy one for a year, the US rep and I are on a first name basis. He says no plans for the US at this point. Had one bought in Mexico and the dealer backed out on me. Tried to buy in Britian their not allowed to ship them out of the Country!!!!!

The rep says if they come probably 250 not 350. Emissions BS

The dealer in Britian says the 350 is to tame. The motor is detuned to much. Says the 250 has some bite to it.

Somebody said October in the US for the 250 Circa $9400.

Not true????
    KTM 625 SXC
    KTM 250R FreeRide
    Montesa 315R Long Ride
    KTM 400 EXC Dual Sport
    Yamaha TY250C
    Yamaha TY175C
    BMW R1100S
    Yamaha IT250J
    Honda TLR200
    Yamaha CT2
    Honda XR600R
    A bunch of stuff that doesn't run....

Was suppose to be announced in June. We were paying 9200 for 350's in Monterrey before the dealer bailed. The US rep says they receive so many calls to customer service they need to make a decision.

I know its not the ktm but in the same category and you can get them in the states. Looks like a sweet ride, 32.2 in. Seat height and a 163 dry weight. Direct Fi 2 stroke ain't bad either. I would love to try one out.

http://www.ossausa.com/motorcycles/ossa-explorer-280i/

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1407079771241.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  14.8 KB

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Ossa are bad ass bikes now but in the day late 70's the exhaust was by far the biggest piece of shit ever made mostly the Phantom models.If you ever tried to cross a river with a hot motor they more or less shattered.
    Pure 100% junk then but most were.

The way I see it is go with what is working now they are bad ass. Tons to shooce from with a great track record.
    Here in another month or so they ( the trials boys and girls) have one planned down here west of the Piaute rez. Great time and even better to see what is what and talk to those that know.

Myself I'm looking for and older Gas Gas. BUt? I do not need the best thing going just reliable as I have full plans of trashing the hell out of it.

Let's get another ride going bro. I still have a KTM that will smoke some.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

My buddy just bought one. Picks it up middle of Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    My buddy just bought one. Picks it up middle of Dec.
    Lucky SOB...

Does that mean they're selling them in the states now

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Yes each dealer gets one. Most have been scooped up. He has a deposit on two at two separate dealers. May keep both or sell one.

That's the USA site.